Avoiding Skelk Shadowstep?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Q:

An L2P question from a newb: is there any good way to avoid the damage from a skelk coming out of shadowstep? I’ve noticed I sometimes see a skelk shadow on the ground but I never seem to dodge fast enough to avoid the damage. (Usually just an annoyance, but I’d like to learn how to counter it just the same.)

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

A:

it’s just timing. Their stealth ends at a set time—all the time. So just practice a bit and when you hear their poof sound, double tap a direction to avoid it.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Truefaith.2039

Truefaith.2039

Once you get used to how they act before they shadowstep, you can guess exactly how they will reappear. If, for example, they just go POOF.. in about 2sec they are going to appear directly where you are in contrast to where they disappeared from. If they jump up straight before they disappear, they are going to try to get behind you in about 2-3 seconds. dodgeroll from where you were will dodge both of them though, usually. Once youre used to the timing it gets to be second nature really.

Hatchback Delorean (80 Asuran Warrior)/ Aegis Wolfsblood (80 Charr Guardian)/ Dërp (80 Human Mesmer)
[PRO]

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You can also just whack in front of you when they go invisible. They’re still in front of you and they just kind of walk to where the shadowstep ends.

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

You can also block it, if you have any blocks. On my guardian, for example, I just wait a couple seconds and pop focus 5.