Away for almost a year, what has changed?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nevwyn.9125

Nevwyn.9125

Like the title says I’ve been gone since last Christmas. Are there any new mechanics or removed mechanics I should now about?

I saw obviously say the new wallet and that magic find has gone away, which is a bit annoying as I had all my stuff with +magic find and have to re-stat most of my gear.

Do we have a looking for group mechanic that is works better then yelling “Need this dungeon!”?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

LFG tool: press Y (or Z if you have a german keyboard like me) and go to the second tab
Magic find: it isnt gone but it has been redesigned. you can find it in the also redesigned achievement window (press h). Most magic find comes from luck you consume. for each full bar of luck you get 1% of magic find. the amount of luck needed to progress increases but the max is 300% magic find from luck. You get luck from salvaging blue and green items.

Karma: it is now accountbound. So all your characters share the same pool and no need to store it in your bank
Money: it is now stored account bound. So all your characters share the same pool and no need to store it in your bank

and much much more.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Xale.1095

Xale.1095

Same here. I was overwhelmed by GW2 when i started 9 months ago, i quit and just came back now. Apparently traits changed? I dunno what all is different but i think the wiki has a list of updates. I just couldnt be bothered for how much time has passed.