Bad Blood 33 story quest with durmond priory, need some help or tips

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ColdCarnage.8273

ColdCarnage.8273

I’ve done this one quest over and over and I still can’t pass it. Is there a way I can get through it or is there a way I can make it easier? Basically the first half of the quest is getting to the other side and theres a strong wind that always pushes you off, the sylvari said to watch the flags and stay by the walls but it doesnt do anything i always get pushed off by the wind. Any tips or advice is appreciated, thank you.

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

It’s easier to manage to get about 3/4 of the way across. Then, the last bit is timing. You need to start crossing when the wind is *starting" to blow against the flag at the far end, not when it is calm — that way, when you reach the exposed platform at the far end, right before you are finally across, the wind won’t be blowing a gust by then. It’s an expensive quest.

Posted by: Elle.8064

Elle.8064

Falling off doesn’t actually kill you though (I hope you’re pressing number four when you’re “downed” because it will revive you). I did this quest chain last night. I fell about 5 or 6 times before I finally made it across. It’s about taking Sieran’s advice about going as quickly as possible and watching the flags. After the larger gusts, run across and then wait on each platform. You must also move quickly, and jump as soon as you can to make it across. I understand this quest is tricky. Also be careful further into the map. Good luck!

Posted by: ColdCarnage.8273

ColdCarnage.8273

Tricky is a nice word for this quest lol. When I do die the wind just automatically moves me off the path or if i’m on a platform then I can revive on there. I’m just one of many people who joined Durmound Priory to get through this quest, its really just timing and luck.

Posted by: Desmonda.1280

Desmonda.1280

Thanks for the tips. I followed the directions in regards to the flags and made it. Tip: After dying several times and breaking all my armour I left the instance and repaired, entered the instance and simply took my amour off. I still fell several times but saved a ton on repairs, my first try using the flag timers was successful.

Posted by: sileri.6984

sileri.6984

This is horrendous. As a little Asura, I spend so much time moving the camera to see the flag and then see where I’m running that I can’t get the timing right. Not that it seems to matter because I can be next to the wall and still get blown away. We know Asura are intelligent. If we’re that light, why aren’t we rigging ourselves a parachute to aid in this process?

(edited by sileri.6984)

Posted by: Cadetdj.7350

Cadetdj.7350

How, oh HOW did this quest get through the open beta in this form?
First time I’ve been genuinely annoyed at a quest.

Not fun. Just expensive and frustrating as hell.

Massive thanks for suggesting taking armor off. At least that saved TWO of my peices from breaking. So freaking expensive…least they should do is offer free repairs at the end!

Posted by: LadenSwallow.1468

LadenSwallow.1468

I think the best advice is to get a skill that gives you stability for a reasonable duration. Then you can’t be launched. Rampage as One for the ranger gives this skill.

Posted by: ilker.9103

ilker.9103

annoying and silly quest. it s even too hard to run on a thin line and watching flags at the same time with this camera and control dynamics.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

There is exactly seven seconds between wind blasts .. once the flag goes back down, run accross the first bridge/wall and then hide behind the wall there. The walls are your friends (as Sieren hints at in her dialogue).

I waited for the flags to drop and then counted as I ran, knowing I had to be somewhere safe behind a wall at about 6 seconds in. Then you just wait for the flags to pop up and go back down again, and you have another 7 seconds to make that second leg.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Posted by: Mongolo.1789

Mongolo.1789

They need to take this quest out

Posted by: Esham.4203

Esham.4203

I did this one last night. I fell twice and beat it. I am not sure why everyone is having such a hard time.

The first 2 times i fell off was due to thinking the little ledge down below would protect me from the wind.

After that i just timed it. The flag waves, 7 seconds later it gusts again. So when it blows run. 7 seconds is more than enough time to easily cross the gap.

Do it a couple more times and you are golden.

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

I think this quest was an interesting attempt to give players something else to do in the Personal Story other than the old “kill everything” approach. For that I really appreciate the effort the devs made to make Durmand Priory missions fit the faction not only in backstory but also in implementation.
That being said, it is a bit unfortunate to add something into the main game that many players may just be really bad at and end up very frustrated with. Jumping puzzles for example are great, but they are great because they are optional and you will never feel forced or tricked into them.
I had a lot of trouble with the flags for some reason, even though I had already done the Metrica Province jumping puzzle and was supposedly familiar with crossing narrow places with stong winds.
Though being in vent at the time and joking about it made it a lot more amusing and I think after while concentration was lapsing.
So I made a video of it to commemorate my abysmal performance in this mission:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LenSWf-90

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I think this quest was an interesting attempt to give players something else to do in the Personal Story other than the old “kill everything” approach. For that I really appreciate the effort the devs made to make Durmand Priory missions fit the faction not only in backstory but also in implementation.
That being said, it is a bit unfortunate to add something into the main game that many players may just be really bad at and end up very frustrated with. Jumping puzzles for example are great, but they are great because they are optional and you will never feel forced or tricked into them.
I had a lot of trouble with the flags for some reason, even though I had already done the Metrica Province jumping puzzle and was supposedly familiar with crossing narrow places with stong winds.
Though being in vent at the time and joking about it made it a lot more amusing and I think after while concentration was lapsing.
So I made a video of it to commemorate my abysmal performance in this mission:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LenSWf-90

That video is priceless! Glad I found this thread, I’m taking notes for when my mesmer goes through this one.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Dont wear armor while doing the first part, you character might catch a cold but atleast he doesnt break his armor.

Posted by: Khyra.9316

Khyra.9316

Attempted this quest several times one night and failed, yesterday morning I failed TWENTY times before giving up, although I was entertaining my guild and vent with my count as I went along. Then last night, tried it again, and did it on the first run! It’s crazy to make it that difficult. Definitely take off your armor though, it save a lot of money that way!

Khyra
Ranger – Delusion Guild of Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Khyra.9316)

Posted by: Roxim.1289

Roxim.1289

I did it first try. I don’t see what the big deal is, you just watch the flags as Sieren says and go right after it is done blowing.

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

^ye its not dificult, i was stupid enough tho to fall like 6 times because i insisted on using ride the lightning xD

melkathi.5203

That video is priceless! Glad I found this thread, I’m taking notes for when my mesmer goes through this one.

Thank you
Just remember, when you do it on your mesmer you may make it across on the first try and not understand why people were having any trouble. For some it is a breeze (ooh I made a pun!)

Attempted this quest several times one night and failed, yesterday morning I failed TWENTY times before giving up, although I was entertaining my guild and vent with my count as I went along. Then last night, tried it again, and did it on the first run! It’s crazy to make it that difficult. Definitely take off your armor though, it save a lot of money that way!

This can be a very entertaining mission for vent. Totally worth it just for that

Posted by: Mukinho.7180

Mukinho.7180

Worst quest I’ve ever seen so far. No idea of I made it through 2/4 or 3/4, but after getting wiped 4 or more times I just kill my mood for playing the game. I hope they work on this as soon as possible, this is not fun at all, just boring and annoying as hell.

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

I’m surprised so many are having trouble with the quest. I watched the flags, as soon as they stopped moving I ran to the platform in the middle, waited for the wind and as soon as the flags stopped moving again I ran to the other side. I fell about two or three times before I figured out the timing, but I thought that section was fine.

Now, Goemm’s Lab, the jumping puzzle in the Metrica Province…. that was frustrating beyond words.

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

This quest was easy as pie for me. I took one look at the flags and the wind and shrieked, ran out of the room and got my teenaged daughter to do it for me

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I panned the camera overhead so I could see the flags and the path I needed to follow to run across the wall-tops to the first, and then the second platform. I waited until the flag on the first platform stopped moving before running the first leg. I died once and went the full distance on the second try, though I think it was more luck than having figured out any sort of timing.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

melkathi.5203

It will be made easier in today’s patch anyway

Posted by: Corteaz.3582

Corteaz.3582

Funny enough, on a warrior I chucked on a stability skill. I “blocked” it and was able to get across to the first platform.

Posted by: shima.1640

shima.1640

I think the best advice is to get a skill that gives you stability for a reasonable duration. Then you can’t be launched. Rampage as One for the ranger gives this skill.

A friend of mine suggested this as well to me since I’m using a ranger… best advice I’ve received for this quest by far. I can run to the middle with no skills just fine, but it was that second half that kept knocking me off. I tried Rampage as One and made it across no problem!