Been There, Done That

Been There, Done That

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Skolia.2408

Skolia.2408

I know this has been discussed before but are there any tips for finishing up map complete in the WvW zones?

I’m not really a PvP player but I’ve been trying to participate while trying to finish the map stuff but our group of servers (Crystal Desert currently grouped with Sea of Sorrows and Stormbluff) seem to be locked into an almost perpetual stalemate.

I’ve been working on this for nearly a month and while I’ve made progress, the last 3 points of interest (and a vista) are so far into enemy territory I am sad to say I just don’t see it happening.

Is there some way to get these?
Do we rotate zones over time so eventually that borderland will be ours?
Any (preferably helpful) suggestions would be great!

(Also, I know this has been discussed before but I do want to say that putting the WvW zones as required for map completion achivement was a bad idea. If players want to do PvP, that’s great, but if they aren’t into that, don’t force it on them. Oddly the structured PvP zones, Dungeons, etc are not part of map complete.

I’m not against PvP, I just don’t stay interested very long especially when it always ends up being cyclical and rather pointless – to me anyway.)

Been There, Done That

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I know how you feel. I’m helping a friend with the WvW places, but there’s just no way to go inside the enemy territory and get some vistas or POIs.
My suggestion is waiting until the color rotation, or find a thief to keep stealthing you

Been There, Done That

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

Currently the color is tied to rank, and it won’t change until your server moves up or down. So in a tier 1st is green, 2nd is blue and 3rd is red. There are mumblings that there are plans to rotate the colors but as far as i know there is no date for it.

Howver with the new changes in wvw you might be able to break down a door fast before someone notices and get the poi or whatever you need. Would take probably 10 people a few flame rams and a little luck not being seen by a scout. If what you need is behind a keep however, it may be very unlikely to succeed.

You could always transfer to another server but that costs gens.

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

3 ways:
- your server is OP and owns the entire map and you just walk there
- be stealthy and sneak your way into enemy territory. doesn’t always help with keeps, but you can use one of other 2 options for those.
- wait and hope that your server will be at another location next week.

Been There, Done That

Skolia.2408

Sadly we are the ‘red’ server and seem to be in a bad stalemate.

Having said that, I have now managed to get the last vista I needed. I just need 3 points of interest (they are in towers but pretty deep in enemy area ).

Maybe someday…

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

We’ll break out of this hellhole one day, pal, keep going. I know how it feels, I got stuck in the same situation twice.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Been There, Done That

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

CD has been red forever. Just gimme a couple keeps in your lands, SoS and SBI :/

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
if SBI don’t change anything soon, then CD gonna swap places with them

kill all ze thingz

Been There, Done That

Skolia.2408

@Saulius, interesting, when would that switch happen?

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

@Saulius, interesting, when would that switch happen?

Tomorrow’s WvW reset which is at 9PM EST.

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

reset is about 18h 30mins from now (this post’s time), also that page got reset timer at top right

btw i’m from sea of sorrows. as an european it’s fun to nightcap in NA servers <insert evul laugh here> spent this week in SBI borderland mostly

kill all ze thingz

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I’ll have to look tonight, I am on a red (ET) and have been waiting since forever to get at Henge, Jerrifers and Aldon to finish that one area.(2 vistas/3 poi). But I am seriously contemplating paying to change to a green server just to be done with it.

Been There, Done That

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Devs have talked about rotating the colors of the servers also. No word on when or if this will get implemented. They said it really had zero to do with map completion and more to do with livening up the match ups.

But there may be hope in the long run for some people.

Checking the maps at different times of days may yield you some luck in getting a POI or two. Coverages on maps differ greatly based on the time of day and you may get lucky.

Been There, Done That

Skolia.2408

@Mad Rasputin, yeah I’ve lucked out a couple times.

@Saulius, I apologize if I’ve killed you. I just want my map. :p

Aldon’s one of the poi’s ones I need. (The other is Dawn in blue borderlands).

Been There, Done That

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Find out when your best coverage on that given map is and be on and ready, find a zerg or group to run with that’s heading in the direction. When you get close, break off and go for the POI, most others will be running to where the zerg is to defend anyway so often times the other areas will have less people to deal with. Take the long ways around, there are ways to sneak about even if you are not a thief, ask the ones killing you to let you get the POI, many people just don’t know what you are doing and as such kill you, if they know you are just POI collecting or doing the JP many will leave you alone as it has no effect on WvW and their time/money is best spent on others. When I see someone running to a POI or something I often just wait and watch, if they really are going for it I leave them be and let them get it and then kill them.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync