Been a long time -leveling advise appreciated

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: IngamerX.7064

IngamerX.7064

Q:

Having been away from GW2 for almost a year and after experiencing some changes I could use some advice.

I play on the server Far Shiverpeaks ankitten o longer in a guild (should go out look for a nice one) but I rerolled and made me a new character (Charr Guardian). Used a scroll to get the kitten to level 20 ankitten ow wondering what I should do to level.

I did some crafting but as I don’t have an insane amount of gold to spend to craft quickly, it soon started to bore the kitten out of me to craft with minimum expenses.

I do not feel like exploring the kitten world again and doing those annoying hearts all the way up to 80.

So I went to Queensdale to see if a train was up and got to hear the events were modified to kill the farm trains (change on the timers, and no more champions). Bummer, so then many of the peeps advised me to go hunt in the edge of the mists, saying there were trains up there doing events and so forth.

So I went to the edge of the mist, and found out it’s no different than wvw. Now wvw is fun, if your in a good guild that is dedicated to wvw. It ain’t no fun running around there solo, at least that’s my opinion. And I did enough wvw back in the day to now say that I am still borred of it.

So my question: are there any alternative event trains which actually include champions? Or alternative methods of powerleveling which are good fun? Am currently level 23 so not able to do start with them dungeons yet.

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

do dungeons with your lvl 80 toon then reroll at the end to get experience with your lvl 23 alt

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Taco Del Mar.4582

Taco Del Mar.4582

I still think WvW is the best option to level fast. If you play during peak hours, especially on weekends, you’re bound to find large groups that rip through towers and keeps in no time. I went from 45 to 80 in no time once I started doing that consistently. I’ve found that even if I’m getting bored of it, if you find a good group it becomes fun again.

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

are there any alternative event trains which actually include champions?

Not in 1-15 zones. I don’t know about the 15-25 zones, but there is something like a “rota” or at least trying to establish one in Gendarran Fields, though often there are more than one groups doing the champs and usually no commanders, except for the jp, and (but this is only valid if you’re playing on the EU Megaserver) thanks to the new chat filter it’s much likely that chat announcements are not visible to all players on the map.

There are 5 champs on the map I know of, all of them respawn within a max 15 min time period (risen 15, spider 12, centaur 12, troll 8, warbiest 6).

So level at least to 34/35 and explore GF for the way points if you’re interested in participating the train trials.

Posted by: IngamerX.7064

IngamerX.7064

Was afraid there wouldn’t be a good alternative. Really a shame event trains were ruined so much.

It would’ve been cool if Anet made a alternative event train route in f/e Orr or something. It was a fun aspect in the game which is now completely taken out.

But okay, will have to row with what we have don’t we? Thanks for the answers and can’t really pick one, so +1 to ya’ll.

Posted by: Taco Del Mar.4582

Taco Del Mar.4582

How have event trains been ruined? Just hearing about this.

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

How have event trains been ruined? Just hearing about this.

Only the train in queensdale was ruined, all the champs are vets now.