Been gone for too long -profession balance?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: pphhiillyy.2759

pphhiillyy.2759

Q:

how balanced are the professions?

Thanks for all the replies!

(edited by pphhiillyy.2759)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

A:

Pretty good actually. There are a couple tweaks they are working on, but it’s not bad.

Here’s an interview with the devs from some high ranking players from a couple days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I0togRMEc_o

Posted by: BelleroPhone.4238

BelleroPhone.4238

They are in a metastable equilibrium.

Posted by: Afyael.1740

Afyael.1740

Hahaha not balanced at all. Compare a mesmer or thief to ranger/engineer. Both in terms of pvp or just finding a dungeon group. It almost feels like Izzy realized in GW1 that he couldn’t balance classes no matter what he did so he might as well not bother making changes.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hahaha not balanced at all. Compare a mesmer or thief to ranger/engineer. Both in terms of pvp or just finding a dungeon group. It almost feels like Izzy realized in GW1 that he couldn’t balance classes no matter what he did so he might as well not bother making changes.

I’ve played an engineer in dungeons and occasionally a ranger as well. There are tons of ways, certainly in the engineers case, to be massively useful in a dungeon setting. Sure you have to learn the profession and it has a higher skill ceiling that a lot of other professions. Doesn’t mean it’s not useful.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Engineers are really good now! springroll everything :o

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Mostly balanced, beside D/D Eles who can now insta-self-rez, have the protection of a Guardian and heal up huge amounts.
Even instagib thieves has their counters and weaknesses, this gimmick has none.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Judging by the complaints in the class forums, pretty balanced.
I play mainly mesmer, engi -with the occasional ele, thief.
All my professions play really well

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Afyael.1740

Afyael.1740

I’ve played an engineer in dungeons and occasionally a ranger as well. There are tons of ways, certainly in the engineers case, to be massively useful in a dungeon setting. Sure you have to learn the profession and it has a higher skill ceiling that a lot of other professions. Doesn’t mean it’s not useful.

I’m not saying that they can’t be useful, I like playing every class. But you need to work far harder to make it work for several classes and although some people enjoy that, it’s hard to get groups sometimes. Also in PvP you can’t rely on the other person being bad to win.