Been there, (almost) done that...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: dgzsl.3568

dgzsl.3568

… … except for WvW maps. What’s your way for getting your map mastery in the EU WvW maps? Because I’m left with most of the POI from the opposing team and it’s literally a battlefield here. I only want to get 100% for my map, totally no rage over WvW stuffs intended for this post.

P.S It’s Seafarer’s Rest vs Kodash, after all.

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

Don’t know what your experience in WvW is, but I am still total noob in it, so here is my strategy.
Safest way is to wait till worlds rotate, eventually your world will own the borderland you need to explore. Then check in from time to time to see if POI is under your world’s control. Personally I wasn’t too patient so I was intruding enemy borderlands, had to learn to run real fast :P But POI’s are easiest, skillpoint campers were a pain…
Also depends on how active your server is but it is relatively safe to follow commander, assuming you see one on the map. Helps with all those fortified POI’s like those in keeps.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

As Dirty said, wait for the rotation.

Or a trick I’ve done before, as I’ve got a commander tag (only when none other commanders are active).
Tag up as commander, and just lead your players to the spot you need

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I always just wait for the right color. When my server is blue, I do everything for blue (and as much as possible for the Eternal Battlegrounds), until I had all 3 colors. When there is a pesky keep/tower that’s not the right color (but usually is, because it’s close to where you spawn) I just check back every now and then.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s a bit late for my best advice, which would be to start doing it early on so you’re not left waiting for WvW maps.

But other than that everyone else’s advice is good. You just need to keep checking regularly, doing what you can each time. It’s extremely unlike you’ll be able to do an entire map in one go, but over time you will get it all.

Sometimes it can be helpful to vary the time of day you check too. Some places are easier to get during quiet times when there are less people on and others are easier when it’s busy and areas are changing hands regularly.

Also even if you don’t normally play WvW and have no interest in doing so keep an eye on chat. If you happen to see that your server is making a push for a location you need (particularly Stonemist Keep) you can tag along and even if they don’t succeed in taking it you might have enough time while the gates are down to get in and map it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

As Danikat says, don’t wait until it’s only the WvW maps left to do, you’ll just aggravate yourself. Tag the areas your server controls and after a few weeks you will have very little left to get and then tag along a zerg to grab those remaining locations.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/

You can see the current maps at the above link so if you need a particular tower, you can check there first to see if your server has it or not.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: dgzsl.3568

dgzsl.3568

Thanks for the advices, never expect this kind of a question to get such good answers. I managed to tag along with a small group of people just now, managed to complete almost all of the Blue Borderline map completed. Also it’s an advantage to wander around at night, noticed that there are lesser zergs at that period of time too.

P.S. that map is very useful, thanks :)