Best Way to Top of Siren's Landing Waterfall

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

I need to go to the top of that waterfall in Siren’s Landing yet again. This means either the developers are torturing us, or there is an easier way up. The best way I found is to use a mesmer from the high rock beside the area just southwest of the waterfall. I use a portal to go down and get a scavenger organ and when the right 4 updrafts spawn leap and try to complete the route before the updrafts despawn.

I just got done trying this for almost an hour and quit in frustration.

What is the easiest way people have found up that waterfall?

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Can you explain a bit more which waterfall and why you need to get on top of it?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I’m guessing its the SW area, where the Wyvern meta is.

I usually get up purely with updrafts. Takes a while to get the timing right, and I do have to pick up an artifact and use the dash to give me that little bit more forward reach.

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

That place drove me nuts until i realized I just have to glide around in the general area of the updrafts that spawn to stairstep you up to the final, highest one that will take you over the edge at the northern end of the waterfall.

I have yet to see or figure out a rhythm to the spawning so just being there is the only solution I’ve come up with and I haven’t done it any other way.

Posted by: LiewKW.6410

LiewKW.6410

I found that when facing towards the waterfall, try to progressively glide towards your left, you will eventually hit an updraft that lifts you high enough. I struggled the first time, but second time was a breeze (no pun intended).

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

There are a number of mini up-drafts that seem to spawn roughly together, over towards the left end of the waterfall as you face it, that together will take you high enough. I have the personal impression that they spawn in particular when the wyvern is defeated – although, clearly, that could just be randomness and limited samples. Either way, as onevstheworld hints, don’t rely on updrafts alone to finish the job – make sure that you have an artifact equipped, so that you can dash forward as soon as you get high enough. After that, it’s just down to patience. and keeping your eyes open.

(Edit: put another way, I don’t think there’s much you can do, other than what you are – but if you’ve been trying for an hour without success, that sounds somewhat odd. I can normally do it within 3-4 minutes.)

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The spider up there is not the one that you need for the collection. You want to do the power up event for the Lyssa shrine as the boss at the end is the correct one.

This is assuming that you’re trying to get up there for the legendary trinket collection.

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

I fly around hopelessly looking for the right combination of updrafts. There is one inside the water that is painfully hard to see. It helps get you to another that gets you up there. All updrafts appear/disappear. It’s all about hitting the right ones at the right time.

If you want a more organized approach try to find DULFY guide to the vista on top of waterfall. I have no memory of where I found it or what it’s called but if you search for that vista on top of waterfall you might find her video.