Best all rounder

Best all rounder

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: terrablade.6752

terrablade.6752

So I know this gets asked a lot, but as a returning player I hear there have been significant changes. So basically…what do you feel is the best all rounder profession to WvWvW, group, and solo play?

I basically want a class that can do great, and is wanted, in group play but isn’t a total slouch if I want to tackle content on my own. Right now that seems to be a tie between the Guardian and the Mesmer, but the ranger I hear has gotten better at survivability and a little less dependent on it’s pet (or can at least be traited that way).

I did try to look at past posts, but all my google searches come back early 2014 and 2013 on this topic.

Best all rounder

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

I’m not sure that i’am clearly understand your question cuz WvW also include grp and solo play same as PvE, open world content which one do you prefer ?

Ima just give you answers for all contents then.

Best all around would be Guard and Element due to their great support utility both of them are good for large/small scale battle in WvW, alway wanted in dungeon run, Guard have great solo potential in pve content ele too but it will be more challenge.

Mesmer is good too but not great as Guard/Ele but ppl still love mes cuz they can easily mess up enemies mind and mesmer also is one of most wanted class in dungeon.

Ranger as you said they got some slightly nice buffs recently better damg ( or nasty in some ppl word ) high survivability both in WvW and PvE contents they like a true sniper class now and some ppl won’t stop crying – begging for a nerf you can see that very clearly in Ranger forum the only downside of ranger is they’re not a favorite class in dungeon.

Best all rounder

Posted by: Nova.3814

Nova.3814

Warrior, Guardian and Elementalist currently are in the meta of every game-mode, so I’d recommend one of those if you want to be as efficient as possible for yourself and those around you;
WvW
Warrior Shout Frontline
Guardian AH Frontline
Elementalist Staff Backline
PvE
Guardian
Phalanx Warrior
Staff Elementalist

Solo any PvE dps-build works, how-ever Warrior and Elementalist have significant ways to boost their personal DPS (Warrior through Might, Fury and Vul, Elementalist mainly Might/Fury with some of the highest personal DPS) so I’d recommend those if you really want to get into solo’ing difficult content but no class should really struggle with a proper set-up. Mesmer can feel very sluggish how-ever since they’ve got very little ways to boost themselves (be it Fury to make their reflects hit hard or Swiftness for running) along with not having the best personal dps, great team utility though.

In sPvP they’re all in the meta aswell and they’ve got good roaming builds, but I guess I already threw enough links at you for one post.

Obviously if you simply love some class’ mechanics, play that.

Edit: Can’t link to save my life.

Best all rounder

terrablade.6752

I’m not sure that i’am clearly understand your question cuz WvW also include grp and solo play same as PvE, open world content which one do you prefer ?

I prefer the main PvE setting, but WvWvW is something I plan to do to break things up a bit. But the group setting in the mists was, last I played, basically zerging around the map from keep to keep. So I found it to be different then the standard group setting of dungeons.

I was looking at the Guardian since it seems to match my mindset of healing and defense of both myself and others. But I was told it was basically a pain to level since it’s DPS sucked. Not to mention that at 26 with my Mesmer I have seen SO many guardians I am worried that there just would be to many to find groups at the end.

Best all rounder

Eros.6801

Guard can have infinite swiftness but it require timing and yes WvW group/zerg play is very different from pve build/stat/skill and you need more than 2 set of gear if you want to do both WvW/PvE.

If you prefer pve then everything is a lot easier for you to pick a class and who told you that guard dps’s suck ? even with an up lv guard it can be very powerful and easy to play ( probably the most easiest ) than mesmer.

If you saw many guard around you don’t worry ppl play it becuz the great support potential it bring to team at high lv content every group alway welcome more than 1 guard so finding a group is not your problem as a guard ( just for you to know guard can deal massive dps while bring tons of defensive buff to everyone nearby )

The only downside is guard have a low hp pool which require you a lot more skill to stay alive and if you have problem with timing on buff then guard run speed will frustrate you but at least you have more swiftness buff than mesmer ( map completion is a nightmare for mesmer >.< )

And if you want to do dungeons in future here are 4 hottest classes Guard War Ele Mes any other class except those four will have a “very” high chance to get kicked in dungeon.

For me i use war/guard for dungeons and ranger for everything else you can alway have more than 1 main chars so why bother picking class ? time is the only thing matter here.

If you want to know more or having any question you can add me ingame ( my forum name is my ign ) or figure it out yourself.

Best all rounder

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m working on my 4th character since NPE and they ALL seem to level much faster (but that may be that I’m using BD boosters and know what to do to gain XP faster now).

The only class I would say is anywhere near being a “glut” of is Warriors and maybe Rangers.

You seriously need to play all the classes and pick the one you actually enjoy playing. Everything else will fall into place.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Best all rounder

terrablade.6752

And if you want to do dungeons in future here are 4 hottest classes Guard War Ele Mes any other class except those four will have a “very” high chance to get kicked in dungeon.

Why would the necro or engineer be kicked a lot? I can understand rangers if they can’t control their pets, but the other two seem like they would be decent enough.

You seriously need to play all the classes and pick the one you actually enjoy playing. Everything else will fall into place.

I’m trying them all, but they all are fun to some degree. But apparently I missed a LOT of stuff in the last year and a half, and I don’t want to miss out on other events. Walking into the second area for the humans and seeing the remains of the ‘Nightmare tower’ kind of drove that home to me. But it’s a ways to 80, and it would take some time to unlock traits now too apparently.

I just want to make sure that the first 80 I get to 80 is going to be fun to use and play. If apparently I’m going to get kicked for being a necro or engineer, or any class, then why level it?

Best all rounder

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

In PvE Guards, Ele’s, Warriors, and Thieves are openly accepted as they have great dps, party utility, as well as multiple builds . Engineers are also welcomed, but their build selection is quite limited as far as what’s welcomed. Mesmers are excellent to bring for certain dungeons, but they generally get over-shadowed by other classes being able to do “x” better in most cases. Rangers are about “meh” and are okay to bring into groups with short fights; the longer the fight goes the less valuable they become. Necros still do not contribute anything worthwhile and are the ones most often kicked on the spot. Their builds tend to be selfish and self buffing which make them great as individual players, but they have limited party utility to return the favor.

WvW and PvP have less of a restriction. Though you any class can be made viable each server/team generally has a template that they recommend as far as team/zerg composition. I don’t have as much expertise here so this is more from personal observation.

Best all rounder

Eros.6801

Hard to say most pll in this game have negative thinking about necro/engi in dungeon content, some group are nice and welcome to accept you no matter what class you are
but rarely like savacli said there are a ton of reason you get kicked as a necro/engi or any other class except guard war ele mes, we can’t change ppl mind.

The only way to solve this problem is find yourself a nice and friendly guild then run dungeon with them.

Best all rounder

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You’re pretty much limited to Warrior, Guardian, Thief and Elementalist.

Rangers and Necromancers are two very selfish classes. They don’t share buffs well and their support abilities are overshadowed by what the other 4 can do. Engi’s aren’t quite as bad but their problem is usually seen as being “inefficient” at what others want.

That being said. There will always be “All welcome” groups about

Best all rounder

Posted by: Benie.9312

Benie.9312

Guard have great solo potential in pve content

Hi, I’m a soloer. I currently have a Warrior, but he’s really squishy. I asked if the Guardian would be better for solo play, and was told no. That once they get into a state where all of their cooldowns happen, they get weak.
And this game straight from asking ingame.

By the way, my first char is a Level 80 Ranger. He was pretty good for soloing (to me).

Chars on ’Yak’s Bend’;
Beniee – Ranger – Level 80
Deathclaw Ragefist – Necromancer – Level 80

(edited by Benie.9312)

Best all rounder

Eros.6801

I have War Guard Ranger Necro atm and that’s weird cuz war is like a moving fortress to me and more weird believe it or not i found that my guard have much better survival than my war due to regen + big heal at the same time and 5s vigor with 10s cd everytime i critical hit something and seriously i have no problem to stay alive with my guard.

The only thing i play my war/ranger more than guard is because im lazy i want to run fast without timing swiftness buff on guard.

Ranger alway the best for soloing due to pet it make everything so easy for you to stay alive.

Best all rounder

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Rangers bring two unique buffs to the playing field: Spotter and Frost Spirit. Beyond those, they have a very short rotation that burns out rather quickly, and there’s always the issue of pet mamagement.

Going back to the OP’s question though there’s really not a perfect All Rounder. Guards, Ele’s, and Warriors probably have the highest versatility and demand in all aspects of the game. When built correctly they can dish out huge numbers but, just as readily, they can be built from superior team support.