Best farming options for gold

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ComeAndGetThem.3152

ComeAndGetThem.3152

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that i am new to guild wars (only been playing for a month). I am currently trying to reach my guardian to level 500 on his weaponsmith and armorsmith and i have seen some sites mentioning it will cost me around 200 gold for the weaponsmith and 180 gold for the armorsmith. Lets say 400 gold in total.

Since i do believe that this is the fastest way to reach lvl500 (instead of searching for the materials) i was wondering what are the best farming options for gold.

I currently run Ascalonian Catacombs, all paths almost every day which provides me with around 5 gold within roughly 2 hours. Up until now i didnt have more free time to play, but i will soon, so i was wondering what other gold farming methods there are. More dungeons and if so which? Or maybe rerun the paths twice a day? Or perhaps something different than dungeons?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

TP flipping is the fastest way

having said that, those estimated costs are if you do it the fastest way. If you go to

http://www.gw2spidy.com/crafting/3?min_level=&max_level=&min_rating=400&max_rating=400&min_supply=&max_supply=

you can see what is currently crafts at a profit

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Weasley.5614

Weasley.5614

For Dungeons I do:

SE P1 (15 mins)
COF P1 (10 mins)
COF P2 (15-20 mins)
HotW P1 (15 mins)

All Times shown can be done with an average group.

Hope I helped!

(Javok Spurr) Leader of The Warriors Creed
‘They Want You, They Want You, They Want You As A New Recruit’

ComeAndGetThem.3152

For Dungeons I do:

SE P1 (15 mins)
COF P1 (10 mins)
COF P2 (15-20 mins)
HotW P1 (15 mins)

Hope I helped!

What kind of gold do those runs give you?

ComeAndGetThem.3152

TP flipping is the fastest way

having said that, those estimated costs are if you do it the fastest way. If you go to

http://www.gw2spidy.com/crafting/3?min_level=&max_level=&min_rating=400&max_rating=400&min_supply=&max_supply=

you can see what is currently crafts at a profit

I had never thought of TP flipping. I will definately look into it. Are the profits calculated by imidiate sales, or will i have to “match lowest seller” and wait until the purchase?

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

There are certain farming spots that are rather profitable, if you don’t mind repetition. First there’s the champions trains in Queensdale and Frostgorge Sound, which don’t generate a lot of gold but do give you plenty of items to salvage for magic find. There’s also an underwater spot off the north coast of Southsun Cove near the Lion Point waypoint – the barracudas and such there drop a large amount of Large Scales and some Armored Scales, and they’re very easy to kill.

Other than that, dungeons and working the trade post are your best bets. I would recommend playing it safe when playing the trade post if you’re not rich – stick to common items like loot bags and crafting materials. The process basically involves setting your own buy price and then either selling the bought items for a higher price or using the materials to craft more valuable items to sell. Keep in mind that there’s a 15% total tax on selling items.

(edited by amiavamp.9785)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Several trick can be use depending on what you prefer and what is your situation. Personally, I switch around these depending on what i wanna do in the game at the moment.

1) Champion Train in Queensdale. Most server have this and its pretty much 24/7 in several of them. Give you good amount of money at level 80 and not so bad at lower level, while allowing you to level up at the same time. This is relax (I usually listen to music at the same time) and it regroup several players that could answer some your question about the game while farming.
2) Frostgorge Sound Champion Train. Similar to QD train, it give you better loots (especially exotics and tier 6), but in term of money its don’t give that much more that QD. You can’t level up low level here. Usually people there are more serious in the farm and no new player will kill a champion before the train, so the train can go faster in this map and allow you to kill more champ per hour. But here not all the server have a good 24/7 train. I usually go at Jade Quarry or Blackgate, but problably other server are good too.
3) Dungeon. Here it allow you to do less repetitive task, but it also depend on your skill and the rest of your party. The faster you can go through the dungeon, the more money you will get in the same amount of time. The first time i did some dungeon with my guild we took more than one hour to finish a path, now most path take 30min to complete with an average party, but if you can have a guild and form a solid party with optimal build you can cut in half the time. CoF path 1/2 and HotW path 1 are fast, CoE give you a lot of good loots and AC give you more gold at the end of each path. So these dungeon should be your priority if you want to do as much gold as you can. But remember that you need to be skill, know the dungeon, have a good build and expect the same from the rest of you party to maximize profit. This is optional since normal dungeon run still give you good amount of gold. Arah is also a great place but if you want to get a good Gold per Hour in this dungeon, you really gonna need to push yourself and your party because this dungeon can be done in less that 30min or in several hours depending on you and your party. Its a high risk high reward dungeon if you want.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

if you are into the thought of flipping on the TP, by all means that is the best way. If you’re like me and get bored with it, dungeons are a good source of income. I haven’t had great luck with champ trains personally, so at least the gold reward you get from dungeons is guaranteed.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Yesterday I ran the champ train in Queensdale for a little under an hour I think, sold every single piece of equipment and got about two gold for it. Usually I play longer but yesterday wasn’t a lot of fun, usually there’s a lot of randomness going around on the mapchat which makes it fun even if it’s very repetitive.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Liegence.5216

Liegence.5216

Farming Rich Iron nodes has become very profitable. Day 1 it will take some time to find all of the areas, but after that it is smooth sailing. They change up weekly I think. You can also grab orichalcum, ancient logs, lemongrass and vanilla beans. Some areas have just ridiculous mat farms like Brisbane Wildlands.

Posted by: Weasley.5614

Weasley.5614

For Dungeons I do:

SE P1 (15 mins)
COF P1 (10 mins)
COF P2 (15-20 mins)
HotW P1 (15 mins)

Hope I helped!

What kind of gold do those runs give you?

Each run gives 1 gold = 4 gold

You can also get mats and green/fine armor or weapons and sell them at merchants
= Approximately 30 extra silver per run = 1 gold 20 silver

Chance for rares which can be salvaged into Globs of Ectoplasm which are 35 silver each.

I get approximately 6 – 8 gold when I do all these runs. (I have 68% magic find)

(Javok Spurr) Leader of The Warriors Creed
‘They Want You, They Want You, They Want You As A New Recruit’

ComeAndGetThem.3152

Chance for rares which can be salvaged into Globs of Ectoplasm which are 35 silver each.

I get approximately 6 – 8 gold when I do all these runs. (I have 68% magic find)

I am currently getting a rare item in almost every run and crafting anything below because i want to raise my magic find even more.

Still, going from 5 gold in 2 hours to 10 gold in 3 hours is a good addition. I need to learn those paths fast though… I better get to work.

Thx for the help!

Posted by: Pandemonium.6453

Pandemonium.6453

Farming Rich Iron nodes has become very profitable. Day 1 it will take some time to find all of the areas, but after that it is smooth sailing. They change up weekly I think. You can also grab orichalcum, ancient logs, lemongrass and vanilla beans. Some areas have just ridiculous mat farms like Brisbane Wildlands.

Can you share the other locations ?

Posted by: thepinkthingy.5921

thepinkthingy.5921

As some have already said, flipping TP is one of the best ways to get gold and it can be quite unpredictable and frustrating . Selling mats and bags are the safest and will generally earn you quite a bit of money. Also salvaging items does give decent money on the TP. In a low level area, I would not neglect gathering T1 mats because they will still sell, even if it’s not much. A stack of 250 green wood logs that I have gathered from using a low lvl alt had given me around 82s (good timing).
I also sell my rares, exotics, and items from LA which can cost a lot depending on timing. You could buy a Wind Catcher Skin around 15G during the Bazzar of the Winds patch. I decided not to sell mine during this time. Look at how much it costs on the TP now!

They Came We Lag [LAG]
Isle of Janthir
#MakeIoJgreatagain

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Right now, living story in Lions Arch, open every bag and box and just sell all of it.