Best gaming laptop to play GW2 for 1000$?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mederic.1720

Mederic.1720

Hi,

I was wondering what is the best gaming laptop for playing GW2 for a budget in between 800$ and 1500$?

Thank you!

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Some laptop for $300-400 then build a desktop with the rest

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Immagichu.6973

Immagichu.6973

Looking @ Dell Alienware 15-r2 15.6" Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD atm seems in your price range, you could go with less ram more ssd option

I would recommend 17’’ or more display for gaming.

What gw2 needs is a good cpu cooling

If we go through the valley the Immagitchu is gonna get us!

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

I’d check out https://laptopninja.io/finding-the-best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/

Asus ROG or MSI have my vote. Alienwear you are pretty much paying for the brand name and while Dell is a solid laptop I never found them really good for gaming. To many cooling issues.

Newegg.com is a great place to check out specs and builds

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

(edited by Soren.9316)

Posted by: IQGoesgwii.9273

IQGoesgwii.9273

I have a Dell Alienware 15, GTX 970M, i7 processor.

I can’t stress it enough how happy I am with this laptop. I’ve paid 1400€ for it; I think you can get it a little cheaper in the US.

I could probably run Gw2 smoothly on Ultra, but you have to know, that any laptop will go ultra loud and ultra hot if you push it that far. They’re just not meant for insanity cause of the bad cooling.

I usually run the game at strong high settings, which I have tweaked to fit my own personal preferrence. I also have a 30 FPS limiter on, just because I don’t need any more and the laptop would just be wasting it’s power.

If you can by any chance get your hands on a Dell Alienware, for the love of God, do it.

Regards, IQ

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

Posted by: Mederic.1720

Mederic.1720

What do you guys think about Lenovo Y700 15p?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

What do you guys think about Lenovo Y700 15p?

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y700.htm
Their reviews are usually pretty spot on if you want to know more about the Y700.

Posted by: Chris.8206

Chris.8206

Mederic, I was in the exact same spot as you a year ago. I wanted a gaming laptop primarily for GW2 and also for my fairly extensive steam library of games. I spent weeks researching what was out there and at the end of the day ended up getting this.

ASUS ROG 17.3" GL771JM-DH71 Gaming Laptop w/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M 2GB GDDR5 and Optimus Technology, 1TB Hard Drive and 12GB RAM.

Paid $1,036 for it from Amazon. So one year later would I buy it again? Absolutely without reservation. The display is spectacular, it is so quiet you don’t even know it’s running, and I love the keyboard (backlighting is so nice). I’m sure the Leveno is a great product and I seriously considered it but all I can do is tell you about my experience. Oh, and it runs GW2 without breaking a sweat, not to mention everything else I’ve thrown at it.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Mederic, I was in the exact same spot as you a year ago. I wanted a gaming laptop primarily for GW2 and also for my fairly extensive steam library of games. I spent weeks researching what was out there and at the end of the day ended up getting this.

ASUS ROG 17.3" GL771JM-DH71 Gaming Laptop w/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M 2GB GDDR5 and Optimus Technology, 1TB Hard Drive and 12GB RAM.

Paid $1,036 for it from Amazon. So one year later would I buy it again? Absolutely without reservation. The display is spectacular, it is so quiet you don’t even know it’s running, and I love the keyboard (backlighting is so nice). I’m sure the Leveno is a great product and I seriously considered it but all I can do is tell you about my experience. Oh, and it runs GW2 without breaking a sweat, not to mention everything else I’ve thrown at it.

What do you have your settings at and what is your FPS usually? (considering getting a new laptop).