Best map for orichalcum ore?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Hi, Can anyone give me pointer which map to farm orichalcum ore?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Cursed Shore (5), Malchor’s Leap (5), Southsun Cove (2), and Frostgorge Sound (2). The numbers in parentheses is how many regular orichalcum nodes are on the map. Southsun Cove does have a rich orichalcum node at the top of the hive guarded by a champ karka.

Drytop, Silverwastes, and the HoT maps also have orichalcum nodes but I haven’t paid attention to the counts.

You can use https://gw2nodes.com/ and put in the IP. It relies on other players reporting the locations. You can find your IP by typing /ip while on the map.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Dry Top has 2 nodes for sure, and maybe even 3.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Nightthistle Blossom HP in Verdant Brink at Creeping Crevasse when it gets the rich ori + ori + ancient sapling spawn. :P

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Southsun Cove does have a rich orichalcum node at the top of the hive guarded by a champ karka.

That was nerfed a couple of years ago, there’s only a normal Orichalcum node up at the top there now.

There are Rich Orichalcum Nodes in the Heart of Thorns maps, though. They move around between map IPs. In Tangled Depths, two possible locations are along the path to the Rata Novus control room, and at the top of the room at the far end of SCAR lane (which you can reach more easily by jumping down the waterfall hole from the surface and gliding). I know I’ve seen one in Auric Basin as well, though I don’t remember where.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Auric Basin also has plenty of nodes around the map.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

In Tangled Depths, two possible locations are along the path to the Rata Novus control room, and at the top of the room at the far end of SCAR lane (which you can reach more easily by jumping down the waterfall hole from the surface and gliding).

I posted one other TD location on wiki, which is in the Decayed Hive just north of the Teku Nuhoch exit. I’ll have to see if I can find that SCAR lane location there’s probably a couple more too.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

SW also has 2, they spawn in 2 of about 6 locations.
From memory they are
- mid lane, past the vine, best to get during vinewrath event
- top of the water course East of Blue
- between the Wolf and Tendril champs in timeout, but there anytime
- near the first battle when following the blue bull
Forget the others

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.