Best material farming/parking spots

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Q:

Can u plz tell me where the three best ones are?

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

A:

Flax Farm in verdant brink (below Jaka Itzel waypoint)
Elder tree farm spot in Malchor’s leap (near Pagga’s WP)
Potato farm in either Metrica or Plains of Ashford.

Those are my three “park characters” spots.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

From a post I made earlier:

You can do what some players are doing and AFK farm leather and such in Mount Maelstrom killing nightmare court. I’ve seen them having their heal skill in auto cast which may prevent the game from auto-logging them to the character select screen. Another place that I have seen people is in Harathi Hinterlands killing centaurs.

I haven’t personally done any of these so I can’t vouch what the gold per hour is but it appears to be something that can be done AFK. You’ll just need to be on a class such as a ranger so you can use your pets to kill them. You’ll get the various loot bags which can contain the expensive materials.

Another option would be to do this on a character that matches the level for that area so the weapon/armor drops are of that range. You can then salvage them for those expensive components.

thunderfall.8095

Ty for the info, but I’m looking for nodes. Likeep rich orichulum spots, etc

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.

Ayrilana.1396

Ty for the info, but I’m looking for nodes. Likeep rich orichulum spots, etc

https://gw2efficiency.com/gathering/permanent-nodes
http://pwniversity.com/gw2/farming

thunderfall.8095

Ty
-15 charrs walked into a bar

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Dry top has really easy ancient and orichalcum nodes plus quartz. Also there’s an orichalcum node in verdant brink that doesn’t move.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can do what some players are doing and AFK farm leather and such in Mount Maelstrom killing nightmare court. I’ve seen them having their heal skill in auto cast which may prevent the game from auto-logging them to the character select screen. Another place that I have seen people is in Harathi Hinterlands killing centaurs.

I haven’t personally done any of these so I can’t vouch what the gold per hour is but it appears to be something that can be done AFK. You’ll just need to be on a class such as a ranger so you can use your pets to kill them. You’ll get the various loot bags which can contain the expensive materials.

Another option would be to do this on a character that matches the level for that area so the weapon/armor drops are of that range. You can then salvage them for those expensive components.

I wouldn’t recommend afk farming. Murky as the dev posts on the topic were, it did look like what was intended game mechanics was having pets kill for you (so rangers and necromancers don’t get shafted by not getting loot when their pets do all the damage for them), but you still have to be at the keyboard playing. It’d be nice if they gave a clearer statement on it.

Ayrilana.1396

I wouldn’t recommend afk farming. Murky as the dev posts on the topic were, it did look like what was intended game mechanics was having pets kill for you (so rangers and necromancers don’t get shafted by not getting loot when their pets do all the damage for them), but you still have to be at the keyboard playing. It’d be nice if they gave a clearer statement on it.

They never banned those who AFK farmed in GW1 unless they were actually botting. They acknowledged that your pets kill things for you was legit. So long as you don’t use third party programs to play the game for you in any way then you’re fine.