Best option for tier 6 mats?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Q:

I need tier 6 mats for a legendary. I have two options, craft rares with all my tier 5 mats and salvage them for ectos to sell which I use to buy tier 6 mats… or use this recipe in the mystic forge – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vicious_Fang.

What I want to know is which one is better? The recipe to craft tier 6 mats with tier 5 mats seems REALLY, really bad seeing as how you need to deposit 6 tier 6 mats and 50 tier 5 mats for a chance at 5-12 tier 6 mats…

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

A:

Depending on the price of ectoplasm you get 20-50s per ectoplasm per 15 T5 mats.

Keeping in mind that level 76+ rares have a good chance of a 0-3 ectoplasm drop.
Remembering the current price is around 21s you get 0-63s for 15 T5 mats.

So the mystic forge recipe seems out of place here. I’d agree with crafting rares from T5 mats or selling T5 mats.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Upgrading is no longer profitable because dust is too expensive. Crafting some rares for ecto will be best.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Hammerguard.9834

Thanks. =)
15char

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I need tier 6 mats for a legendary. I have two options, craft rares with all my tier 5 mats and salvage them for ectos to sell which I use to buy tier 6 mats… or use this recipe in the mystic forge – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vicious_Fang.

What I want to know is which one is better? The recipe to craft tier 6 mats with tier 5 mats seems REALLY, really bad seeing as how you need to deposit 6 tier 6 mats and 50 tier 5 mats for a chance at 5-12 tier 6 mats…

Just a quick reminder for the recipe you only need 1 tier 6 material not 6 tier 6 materials for the chance at 5-12. still i don’t think its really worth it especially since dust is so much.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Hammerguard.9834

No… you need 5 piles of crystalline dust and 1 of the tier 6 mat you’re trying to duplicate, and as Rozbuska said, pile of crystalline dust is way too expensive at the moment making this recipe unprofitable.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ahh yes hammerguard you are right, i thought you were just talking about the tier 6 material you are making. So yeah including the dust and the material you need 6 tier 6 materials to make 5-12.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown