Best place to farm Oakhearts for collection?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I’m doing the druid specialization collection and I’ve been farming oakhearts for hours. Is this bugged or is there a secret area I have to kill oakhearts to get this “Nature Spirit” piece to drop?

BTW, this is not fun at all. Oakhearts are not something commonly fought while playing, and they are not fun to fight in succession.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

It’s just random. I got the item doing a scale 77 Fractal Daily. It dropped from one of the Champion adds. XD

Posted by: Dano.5623

Dano.5623

I went to Greatheart Weald in Queensdale. Reminds me of the old Champoin train that I wasted many an hour doing. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatheart_Weald

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I was lucky enough to get that inside of ten Oakhearts at Phinney Ridge in Queensdale, but as you will learn if you do all the collections, there will be some pieces that don’t drop for hundreds of kills. Curse that tiger claw, tengu feather, and dust mite thingie!

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Idk where you has been farming those. I went to The Heartwoods in Queensdale to got it. Around Greatheart Weald [&BIoGAAA=] you can find about 7-8 level 9-10 Veteran Oakheart plus one event Defeat the corrupted veteran oakheart that spawns one more Oakheart.

Since those are low levels, you should be able to kill them easily running in a circule path around the hill there.

Took me about 30 min – 1hr. GL.

Redfeather.6401

I did that area in Queensdale yesterday, but after a long time figured something was wrong with the quest and forgot about it. Today I figured I would try it again and moved to Gendarran fields. Circled around killing those oakhearts in the fields for 30-40 minutes before making this topic… because I figured it is just really so shallow and tedious it couldn’t have been designed that way. Had to know if the quest is bugged. Just now decided to quit it. It has to be bugged.

I’m assuming it is bugged and moving on to something else. Even if it turns out other people can do it, I’ve wasted over an hour just farming oakhearts, so it obviously has conditions I am not meeting and not explaining what they are.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s not bugged, it’s RNG. The problem is that some of the elite weapon drops come off of things you normally wouldn’t kill as part of events. The tengu were the worst for me, I had to go to one of their two special areas and do wholesale slaughter for days. At least the dust mites were collateral to events in DT and SW.

So when you have to go out of your way to kill the right mobs and it takes forever, it starts feeling very grindy, especially if you already got a few things just by doing events with the collection open (I got the saurian drop in the first day or two of HoT without even knowing what it was for, for example).

But it always could drop from the very next one, so just make a point of swerving to kill any oakheart you see and at some point you’ll get it.

Redfeather.6401

Someone in map chat suggested I take a break, as they knew how awful it can feel. I’ve decided to do the dragonhunter collection instead. That one is going a lot more smoothly.

Redfeather.6401

I went to Greatheart Weald in Queensdale. Reminds me of the old Champoin train that I wasted many an hour doing. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greatheart_Weald

This. That said, I got mine on the first drop, but that’s RNG for you. When I helped my wife in the same spot, she got it after ten or so kills. The spawn rate there is awesome, and they’re pretty clustered.

So that helps.

I might go back and try it after I’m done the dragonhunter collection. Just need to do dragon stand, which I despise. And then find a treasure mushroom, which I also despise. AT least the ascended longbow will help me kill all them oakhearts faster. XD

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Yeah, it’s much better for your mental health to do something else to take your mind off it. I beat myself up trying to get the smokescale claw, until I put it on the back burner. Ironic thing is I finally got it on a random DS run from a deathscale I didnt even think I tagged.

The treasure mushrooms are easy, they always spawn in the same place and the respawn rate is fairly quick… the one in VB is close to the exit to AB waypoint, and the TD one is in the grub pits (nuhoc wp then wallow). Just yell out on map chat and there’s usually a few other players interested enough to help.

Redfeather.6401

I finished the dragonhunter collection and might give the druid one another shot. I think Kam gave me an idea. The level/rank of the enemy might affect it’s loot table and chance to drop the nature spirit piece. So I may not actually have to farm oakhearts at all like the collection says. If I find a lvl 80 treant elite and above my chances are probably going to by super high at getting the drop.