Best sword class? planning to craft Bolt

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SourGummy.8570

SourGummy.8570

Currently i’m maining a DH, also has a Rev alt. Slowly working my way towards Bolt as I LOVE the look of the weap, as i’m always a fan of 1h sword in any game.

I play mostly open world PvE, and look of the character is just as important for me. I probably will not switch my guardian to using 1h sword as i feel it looks silly with focus/warhorn, and shield is not good enough 99% of the time.

Thinking about Rev sword/shield which probably look best, but im not really into Rev after 30 or so hrs of gameplay.

Is there any other class that I should try to make sword works? Both in terms of open world PvE effectiveness and the overall look of the toon.

Thanks

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Mesmer uses sword/X a lot. You could go to the mists on a level 2 Mesmer and try it out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

There aren’t really any sword users who currently suit Bolt.

Personally, im holding off on Bolt until Elementalist gets swords. (Provided a better looking sword doesn’t come out by then.)

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

There aren’t really any sword users who currently suit Bolt.

Personally, im holding off on Bolt until Elementalist gets swords. (Provided a better looking sword doesn’t come out by then.)

Right? I think an Arcane Warrior tank-style duelist class would fit well with the mechanics that elementalists offer (sword/focus would offer a lot of flexibility and CC).

As for what classes currently use swords well, Guardians and Revenants use swords very well, Berserker Warriors make great use of sword/torch, and Rangers can do a lot with a sword as long as you are smart about it

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Wow some weird opinion in here. There is 4 professions that use sword for PvE in a high end build.

- Condition Berserker, but you mostly use Bow, swapping to Sword/Torch only maybe 1/3 of the time at max, sometime even less.

- Zerker Herald. That’s the best dps profession with a sword and it also camp Sword. It can be Sword/Axe or Sword/Shield. Axe will be a bit more offensive, and shield a it more defense. But it doesn’t change much since you will mostly be sword auto-attack. This build doesn’t really use a secondary weapons. They usually carry a Hammer when range is needed or a staff when cc is needed. But otherwise you want to stick to sword the more possible.

- Zerker Chronomancer. They usually play Sword/Sword with either Sword/Pistol or Sword/Focus. So you always gonna have 1 sword in your hand. It’s not as good as a dps, but it give two of the best possible buff with Quickness and Alacrity.

- Finally, you have the Zerker Ranger with Sword/Axe + Lonbow (or GS). It will mostly camp Sword, have decent dps and decent buff. Probably the less potent of the 4, and the sword is hard to master because the auto-attack lock you in a animation so it’s hard to dodge. Still a good build.

You also have some decent build like Sword/Pistol Thief or Daredevil. Better against thrash, it lack a bit of dps against bosses, but it’s not so bad.

The guardian is pretty much the worst at that in PvE. Sword is lacking on every points. The only advantage is the teleport. It have more use in sPvP.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

As others have mentioned, I really enjoy sword/axe ranger and dual sword mesmer gameplay in OW-PvE.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Revenant is without the best class to play sword on. It’s basically a must.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Revenant, Mesmer, and Rangers all excel with Mainhand sword (Mesmer can duel wield them as well).

Guard Sword is rather meh after the June Specialization Patch (at least in PvE).

Warrior Sword is used in a Condition build but otherwise doesn’t get much play time. Warrior can also duel wield swords.

I have very few hours on Thief, but I don’t remember using sword a whole lot other than cleaving situations which I believe Staff overshadows that now (except for pistol whipping??).