Best use for laurels

Best use for laurels

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I’ve got about 225 laurels banked and was wondering what the best use for them would be. I rarely pve and have obtained the laurels solo through the daily pvp rewards.

Can I turn those laurels into money or should I try and make gear with it?

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Best use for laurels

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Laurels can be used to buy Ascended Amulets (30L or 20L+250 Badges of Honor, only way to get them), Ascended Rings (some amount, I don’t remember, can get these for “free” from fractals), Ascended Earrings (some amount+50 Ecto, can get these for guild missions as well). Past that, buying the T6 mat bags is probably the best price per Laurel. I’d buy the Amulets for all the characters you want, then buy some T6 mats, with some reserved incase you want stuff later. You will need 5 Laurels per Ascended Armor/Weapon Recipe (so 6 for a full armor set of a stat type).

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Best use for laurels

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

You can also use them to buy minis, unidentified dyes, crafting starter kits. I think if you want to make gold go with the bag of T6 mats, which guarantees you 3 random T6 materials, or unidentified dyes. I used 10 laurels to buy 20 dyes last night and ended up making 11g. If you don’t feel brave enough to open the dyes (because lets face it, you might end up with all cheap dyes), you could sell them unopened.

If you only do PvP there’s no point in getting ascended trinkets, since you get everything for free in PvP.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Best use for laurels

Posted by: Sam Calaway.5894

Sam Calaway.5894

If you only want gold tier 6 materials bags and unidentified dye are your best bet.
Last time I checked they were above 30 silver each.

Best use for laurels

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

If you only PvP just trade them for T6 crafting bags. Currently dyes are at 34s 50c and dropping, you get 2 per Laurel (so around 70s) where-as most T6 crafting materials are currently in between 35s-40s with the exception of Crystalline Dust (slightly less than 20s each) which leads to ~60s-1g20s per Laurel, so unless your luck is consistently so poor you get Crystalline Dust, it’s a bit more profitable.

It’s worth considering saving a few (~40-100) in case you ever decide to start doing PvE or WvW, though Ascended is only needed for Fractals.

Best use for laurels

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

if you have fun with tonics you can buy the endless cat tonic for 100 laurels for example
and you can still buy 1 or 2 ascended amuletts in case you ever want to do something in pve then you already have the best possible amulett

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Best use for laurels

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I say save them, unless if you really need the gold for something, but if you only do pvp i don’t know why would be in such a need; if you happen to do pve later you could regret it. Else you could just go for dyes and gamble around, or if you like to play safe t6 bags are a better option.