Best way to get Globs of Dark Matter?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I’d like to start doing 40+ fractals. However, it looks like I need at least 55AR (have 45AR currently) – and 55AR is possible by crafting an ascended weapon (which can be upgraded for the extra 10AR).

So I noticed I need something called ‘Globs of Dark Matter.’ According to the wiki you get these by salvaging exotic items. So my question is what is the best/cheapest way to get these?

Also if there’s some other ‘pitfall’ to avoid here then please enlighten me as the cost to craft ascended weapons looks pretty prohibitive. Thanks!

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

You can either put in buy orders on the TP for the cheapest exotics you can find or use dungeon tokens to buy armor from the dungeon vendors. Cheapest is the dungeon armor, but that would require lots of tokens. You can get exotics for under a gold each with buy orders.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

I don’t really have a method other than what cranked said, but just a warning that salvaging an exotic does not guarantee globs. There’s a chance of 1-3 with every weapon, but unless they changed it, you can also still end up with 0 globs from a salvage.

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

You’ll need to discover a bunch of exotics on your way to lvl500 crafting.

Most of these exotics will have stats you won’t use, and won’t sell for enough to be bothered with on the TP – so you salvage them.

By the time you reach 500, you ought to have enough Dark Matter for at least one weapon (you only need 10 per).

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The account bound exotics you get in fractals is good for this but make sure you wait until Tuesday’s patch before salvaging the armor pieces.