Best way to get Silk/Linen Scrap?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

Badly need them for crafting Ascended Armor, but so far I can’t seem to find a good way to farm them.

Some google searching tells me that farming Son of Svanir in Frostgorge Sound is a good way. However when I tried it for like 20~30 mins, I didn’t even get a single silk scrap >_>

Or if anyone has some knowledge on how to make good gold now, that would be nice too. I used to do Karka farming, but recently Karka Shell has really dropped in price, so I haven’t bothered with this method for awhile…

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

For linen Nightmare Court in Sparkfly Fin and northwest Mount Malestorm. They drop bags that drop alot of linen and cloth scraps that you salvage for linen or cotton. For silk just salvaging all your white,blue, and green light armor drops is the best way to get it, but the Savnir in Frostgorge drop cloth scraps that you salvage for linen or silk. you also get silk from most large and heavy bags. For salvaging use basic kits they are the most cost effective.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Any area that drops bags in the desired material range (example above for Linen range). Flame Legion in Fireheart Rise, Risen in Straits of Devastation (pretty much any non-animal enemy in a 60 -75 zone). You can get silk from 65-80 zones.

This wiki page pretty much gives you everything you need to know:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container

The other option is to have a character that is the desired material range level open your champ bags (materials will still come out at the champ bag level , but items will generate at the opener level and can then be salvaged for the desired mats). Obviously, obtaining the champ bags with a character of the desired level is better (both mats and items out of the bags will be the level you want).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I find that fighting (humanoid) risen in Malchor’s Leap yields decent silk scraps; both from light armor items that can be salvaged and the heavy moldy bags.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also try the flame legion charr in fireheart rise? (the zone with CoF) for silk, and SOME linen, and Dredge in Timberline Falls (near Iron falls WP I believe) for linen. When farming remember not to stay in one area for too long (about 30-45 min. is usually good) because of diminishing returns.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I have another suggestion:

Do whatever is your best money making activity and buy them on the TP. This is always pretty much more time efficient than farming materials directly.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I have another suggestion:

Do whatever is your best money making activity and buy them on the TP. This is always pretty much more time efficient than farming materials directly.

If it isn’t, that means it’s the activity people do to earn gold.

Posted by: Jacklinger.2908

Jacklinger.2908

I’ve obtained most of my silk from WvW, mostly Eternal Battlegrounds. When you steamroll a large enemy force you can get literally dozens of bags, most of which contain an item that salvages to silk, or those “discarded garments” that salvage to silk and gossamer. But I’m on Sea of Sorrows which I believe is tier 2 so our battles are big. If you are on a very low tier then try Edge of the Mists and see if you can get into a huge zerg and run around objective smashing. The only downside to this is you do need some skill to survive and if you constantly die you don’t get a darn thing. No guarantees.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Silk comes in waves if you salvage all your blues/greens (which you should be doing anyway for MF). If you run dungeons as much as I do, you get a stack of silk within days. Linen, I have less experience with.

| Lithia |