Best way to make money?

Best way to make money?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It seems this game is a bit different in terms of making money and ive been reading about people making several gold per day at 80…

What is the best way to make money at 80? Thanks

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Knuckledust.5621

Knuckledust.5621

Flipping on the TP, 300 to 450g easily in a week.

Best way to make money?

cesmode.4257

Flipping what exactly? Never played the tp much

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Badmethod.4762

Badmethod.4762

The ‘flipping’ terminology has me a tad interested too, care to expand a little please Knuckle?

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Darkhearts.1923

Darkhearts.1923

I believe it means buying something for 1g and then reselling it for 2g. So you make profit, I do this sometimes with rare items. I’ll put up 10s when its selling for 15s and then I sell it back for 13-14s so I made a little back for what I paid for it.

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

The ‘flipping’ terminology has me a tad interested too, care to expand a little please Knuckle?

It basically means buy low sell high. Do take the 15% fee into account. If you think about it, every time you profit by “flipping” the economy lost 15% of that money forever.

Also, dont undercut me, kthxbai.

Best way to make money?

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

you don’t even need to sell high.

Just make sure you get more than 20% back from the original purchase price.

By constantly selling you make more than trying to constantly undercut by 1 copper.

Best way to make money?

Posted by: thor.8437

thor.8437

Go buy Gems in the cashshop, convert it to gold

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

craft just Jewelry and Cooking..

That leaves you a TON of mats you can sell on the market.

Best way to make money?

Posted by: Badmethod.4762

Badmethod.4762

Thanks for the replies there guys, much appreciated. I thought it must have been something like the buy low sell high thing but with this weeks new ‘catchword’. Oh and don’t worry Sky, I won’t undercut you.

Best way to make money?

cesmode.4257

Hmm, I was never into playing the AH much only because if I bought an item for low, and try to sell it a bit higher, theres no guaruntee it will sell., at least not fast.

Does running the zerg circle of DE in ORR generate decent income?

Best way to make money?

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

The Zerg circle in Orr yields decent coin over time if you don’t die. You can still die quite easily in the zerg depending on the event. It’s also mind numbingly boring.

The best use of your time is to go down to the starter zones and look for high respawn, overlapping Dynamic events. Norn stater zone from the NW fort down along the Northeastern wall of the map has a series of DE you can do that is signifigcantly more efficient and, in some cases, much faster than the Orr events. You get about 50 less karma and 30 less copper per completion but you complete it faster and you effectively can chain ~10 DE in one run.

It’s also less annoying and less drab than Orr. You will make less overall since the random loot drops don’t scale, so there is a tradeoff. At least it can be done at your own time/pace without the massive zerg fest where you are just randomly AOEing without even knowing if you’re hitting anything.

There are several areas in other maps that have similarly quick/easy DE’s that overlap. Fire Ridge also has an area (southernmost town) where you can do a circuit completely solo with maybe a 5-10 minute wait before the circuit starts again. It’s about 3 or 4 DE and relatively quick.