Better to craft or buy Dawn ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

I’m intending to go for sunrise and was wondering if it is cheaper to buy Dawn off TP (620g) or to craft it. I do not have any profession leveled to 500 and so I must take that cost into account as well.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

according to gw2efficiency to craft is ~530g(buy order for mats) or 577g(buying mats outright), but to buy it is ~564g(buy order) or ~640g.

crafting up weaponsmith to 500 costs ~140g.

so realistically, you’ll be better off putting a buy order in on the trading post

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The actual cost of leveling weaponsmith will probably be less since it is fairly easy to get +80% crafting boost.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

true, but really, unless it cost 30g to level the craft (which I doubt it would), it’s still better to put in a buy order for the pre

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I strongly recommend the following:

• Those concerned primarily with gold should simply buy the precursor on the TP (regardless of what GW2/efficiency or other sites report).
  • Those interested in the legendary journey should always complete the collection.
  • Those who aren’t sure should complete the first tier of the collection (generally the cheapest & quickest step) to see whether how the feel.

Generally speaking, the first group is always disappointed in the collection & resents many of the material sinks. And as it turns out, the amount of gold saved by following the collections is often eclipsed by the addition time spent tracking down the scavenger hunt elements. That is, if you factor time & effort, it’s not necessarily cheaper.

In short, buy off the TP.
(That’s for the OP; for other readers, your mileage will vary.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Much of the savings is often derived from the fact that you were crafting the time gated materials yourself. If you buy the completed materials (90 deldrimor ingots in this case) then you save nothing.