Big update

Big update

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Suburbian.1023

Suburbian.1023

I noticed a big update this morning when i opened GW2. Is this already for tomorrow or something else? Because i can’t find release notes anywhere?

Thx!

Big update

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No update here. Have no idea why you had one. Wrong day anyway. It will be tomorrow.

Big update

Suburbian.1023

I had to download more than 1gb…?

Big update

Astral Projections.7320

When is the last time you logged in?

Big update

Suburbian.1023

4 hours ago, that was when i had to download the update and the last login before that was 12h ago

Big update

Astral Projections.7320

Idk. As you can see, no one else is making a thread about it or commenting on this one, so no telling why yours did that. As long as you are able to log in and don’t see anything wrong, that’s the main thing.

Big update

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Have you maybe changed the language ingame, and now it downloads all the files for that language ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Big update

Suburbian.1023

Hey yeah! I did change the language ingame! I have to learn French for my job so i changed the audio to French… Mystery solved! Thx!

Big update

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Hey yeah! I did change the language ingame! I have to learn French for my job so i changed the audio to French… Mystery solved! Thx!

^^
Even if the language changes directly ingame, i think it are maybe the soundfiles that
are downloaded after you restart the client ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Big update

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

O god what have you done :o

As a french I can assure you that the french voice acting is vastly inferior to the english one : weird expressions noone would ever use, inaccurate translations… Changing the audio to english really improved my immersion.

Anyway, when changing the audio the game first cuts every voice in the game if you have already downloaded the voice files (I don’t know if it transitions smoothly if you already have them). Then it downloads the required voice files at the next client launch. As far as I know it keeps the previous voice files so going back and forth is easier.

I hope you enjoy learning french, cheers !

Big update

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

O god what have you done :o

As a french I can assure you that the french voice acting is vastly inferior to the english one : weird expressions noone would ever use, inaccurate translations… Changing the audio to english really improved my immersion.

Anyway, when changing the audio the game first cuts every voice in the game if you have already downloaded the voice files (I don’t know if it transitions smoothly if you already have them). Then it downloads the required voice files at the next client launch. As far as I know it keeps the previous voice files so going back and forth is easier.

I hope you enjoy learning french, cheers !

Seconded, as a French native speaker and translator, I can say that translation in this game is quite poor… Yet it can be useful as a step to get yourself used to French speakers ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Big update

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Ha, tried this as well, but I didn’t have the patience to relearn the name of every item in the game (often I could understand the name in both English and French, but they still would not connect easily due to not being directly translatable). Good luck though, immersion like this is usually a good start to learning a language.

Big update

Suburbian.1023

Ha, tried this as well, but I didn’t have the patience to relearn the name of every item in the game (often I could understand the name in both English and French, but they still would not connect easily due to not being directly translatable). Good luck though, immersion like this is usually a good start to learning a language.

I only changed the audio, so the item names remain the same, i also don’t have the patience also not so handy cause all my friends would be talking about Lion’s Arch and i would be talking about Arche du Lion for instance :P

Big update

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Dude you are on the test server.
Come back on the real server. We will get update and expansion in few hours.