Boons and Anti-Condition

Boons and Anti-Condition

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I am a player who is open to different playstyles. Offensive Berserker, a powerful tank, Condition-dealer, etc. But my main character is a Guardian, and at least for the time being, I wish to turn this class into my main support character.(in PvE mostly, but I’m open to suggestions for WvW and PvP) Unfortunately, I find it very difficult for me to do that since I don’t feel like I’m actually helping anyone. I’ve seen Boon Duration as one major way to help, but it seem kinda ignored among the devs, since there is barely any gear based around Boon. I am aware that there are Runes like the Traveler, Water and Monk that give large percentage on Boon Duration, but really? Why is it that Giver’s only give you like 1%? I want to suggest to ANet that they give Boon duration a similar overhaul like Crit Damage with Ferocity. Or even sets dedicated to Boon Duration similar to Giver’s but more pronounced.And while on this subject, why is it so much harder to remove conditions than to cast them? It seems with most abilities you have in combat give away conditions like a sale on Black Friday, and it makes condition removal really annoying since they keep on coming. There is still more work to be done with support, cause it seems very lackluster and still unsatisfying for my experience. Fell free to comment otherwise,cause either there is a system that i may be unaware of, or better tips to make my Guardian support more effective.

Boons and Anti-Condition

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi and thanks for the suggestion.
You posted this in the players helping players part of the forum. This place is here to ask for help.

As this is not a request for help or helpfull for the current state off the game I think this is more appropiate to be suggested elsewhere. In this case the guardian’s forum seems appropiate.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Boons and Anti-Condition

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

boon duration is effective only on long lasting boons. e.g. like fire field blast combo area might – base duration 20s, so with boon/might duration you can easily up it to 35-38s
tho this example favors warriors and eles, because they can spam that combo without help from other classes

the boons that guardian provides are mostly very short in duration, therefor using boon duration with him is a waste (in my opinion)

buffing boon duration, would make long lasting boons even more overpowered

as for condition cleaning, depends on the class and build. most have no problem to cleanse now and then. if you could cleanse everything anytime on short couldown, then it would be too unfair for condi builds in pvp

kill all ze thingz

Boons and Anti-Condition

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You can get 45% Boons duration from Runes (Monk, Water and Traveler), you add the 30% from Trait and the 20% from food and you get 95% Boons Duration, which is pretty high. That’s the main reason why giver’s don’t give that much Boons Duration, because if they did, that would give a super high boons duration, which could be OP.

But Anet talk about nerfing the 3 Runes = 45% Boons duration, by pushing the boons duration higher in the Runes. If they bring down the max boons duration that you can get from the runes and boost the boons duration that you can get from Gear, that would be a better system. But keep in mind that in PvE you need no support at all in the current state of the game.

For the condition Removal, of course you can’t remove the condition as fast as someone or a mob can put it on you. You already have dodge, block, invulnerability, etc to evade most hits that could give you condition, if you could remove all conditions, condition would be even worst that it is right now. It would be like if you had a constant invulnerability.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Boons and Anti-Condition

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can get 45% Boons duration from Runes (Monk, Water and Traveler), you add the 30% from Trait and the 20% from food and you get 95% Boons Duration, which is pretty high. That’s the main reason why giver’s don’t give that much Boons Duration, because if they did, that would give a super high boons duration, which could be OP.

But Anet talk about nerfing the 3 Runes = 45% Boons duration, by pushing the boons duration higher in the Runes. If they bring down the max boons duration that you can get from the runes and boost the boons duration that you can get from Gear, that would be a better system. But keep in mind that in PvE you need no support at all in the current state of the game.

For the condition Removal, of course you can’t remove the condition as fast as someone or a mob can put it on you. You already have dodge, block, invulnerability, etc to evade most hits that could give you condition, if you could remove all conditions, condition would be even worst that it is right now. It would be like if you had a constant invulnerability.

Actually what they’ve said is that they are lowering the numbers on the #2 but increasing it on the #4, #5, #6. So if you are using 2/2/2 now you will have less after the patch but if you are using a full set of 6 you will have more after the patch. Assuming you actually using whatever ends as “the boon duration rune set”.

Boons and Anti-Condition

Posted by: cooperjer.6180

cooperjer.6180

I have not dove into it in great detail, but for the LA fights I’ve respeced my guardian for max toughness and max healing. More specifically 30 Valor, 30 Honor, 10 Virtues. I run with Pure of Voice and Battle Presence. I also put a Sigil of Life on my mace and a Sigil of Momentum on my focus. Finally, I put a Sigil of Restoration on my staff. I changed the feet, hand, and shoulder armor to Clerics gear. I probably should have changed the helm, chest, and leg armor to Soldiers gear.

The results I see on the battle field of LA is a lot of green numbers over everyones head. I’m not sure if it makes a significant difference from their point of view, but it feels good to me seeing that I’m helping during the combat that often times seems overwhelming. The damage output is good enough that it feels very palidin like.

I’m not sure how the condition damage is affected. I run only two shouts. I could probably tweek that a little and increase the condition controls.