Bored to tears.

Bored to tears.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Meemai.7523

Meemai.7523

Dear guys,

I started playing Gw2 a bit after launch, I got to level 80 got bored and quit playing.
So after not having played for a year or longer, I picked up the game again. I got on start up a cinematic and found out to my dismay that lions arch was destroyed. I joined a new guild and heard people speaking of so called fractals pinging ascended stuff. These seem to be pink rare weapons…. Also I heard the word precurser something I never had heard before.

Anyway after 3 weeks I got my fractals level up to over 20, an ascended weapon that I crafted. Killed Teq that became a big world boss, got an ascended amulet and rings. I just need the amulets but the only way to get them is yes… that means I will have to do dailies for laurels and farm ectos.

I could try getting a precurser but to be honest getting one is just gambling and I do not like gambling. Because ussually I lose with the luck I have. And it’s so randomized that in blackjack etc I could at least mabe use a bit of skill by card counting which cannot be done at mystic toilets or a big chest that spawns at a boss.

So I am bored to tears with this game. Things I could do:
Well I saw people running with a nice bladepack on they’re back, or a rose. The rose I bought in the end, the bladepack I could go for that but the droprate on them is so crap whilst others in a event got thousands of them. Well they got 500-800 and already made they’re pack most of the time.

So the living stories and events are nice but once they are gone the game becomes very boring. I never ever did a living story, but I imagine if there was one now I’d be playing chilling with people and kicking back. So I can imagine many players are bored and quit playing. I know anet might not care as much because we bought the game already that is money they have. Yet I also have bought gems but now well I don’t care anymore was thinking about buying gems but I am not gonna do it.

Why not? I’ll end up getting bored, there is nothing to do. I could make full ascended armor but then again the stats don’t make a lot of difference and thus it’s not worth the grind. Also pieces can drop from fractals, why not just do those? Oh yeah fractals are boring because after doing 100 of them you have seen them all and you can dream them. Yes it is nice to do them at a harder level, but utterly boring to do 3 a day. Specially if you do not need the rings etc.

Well enough complaints are you guys bored at time got any advice? What could I do? I was thinking about roleplaying that might give me something to do. But then again I am not sure if I would like such a thing.

Happy day and cya all!

Bored to tears.

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Have you tried joining an organized WvW guild and running with them? Or putting together a sPVP team?

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My suggestion is to take a few months off (and since there is no new LS content in sight…this would be a good time).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Bored to tears.

Meemai.7523

Have you tried joining an organized WvW guild and running with them? Or putting together a sPVP team?

WvW yes I have done a lot of WvW with a guild in team speak and all that jazz. Must say though that last time was no fun we went to our borderlands, went to the camp on top of our spawn. We got killed we went again got killed. Went somewhere else got killed. My server is really bad at WvW we either win from people that are even lower on rank, or we get owned. The thing is the guys below us in rank we can win from that easily. But the guys one one place ahead will beat us hard everytime. It’s not a case off aah it was close but the other one managed to win just before us.

So to say I never did a lot of svp but I wouldn’t know where to find a team that would bother teaching me what to do and how. I am not a bad player in PvE but svp… I never really done that much of it the trouble of buying new weapons new runes/armor. I wouldn’t mind but will not do such things to go around with some randoms and face the rage hammer when I fail yet another time because I am not that good at knowing what to do and how to build in pvp. whom to focus etc.

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well you don’t seem to enjoy too much the game. It’s normal to get bored at some point at that kind of game. But the last time i got bored i had play for 6 months and my guild was dying so I was most of the time alone. I quit during the summer and then get back in april.

But you played 3 weeks only. And not much more a year ago. You only touched the surface of the game and you are already bored? Its really not a game for you it seem. I can understand someone that did dungeon master, get 2-3 alts level up and gear up in exotic, reach level 40-50 in fractals maybe got 1 legendary and don’t like WvW and sPvP. For this kind of people, ya get bored is normal even if you like the game and this person should take a break of the game for a couple of months. But again you seem more like you don’t really enjoy the game except for a tiny part that get done in a couple of weeks only.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Bored to tears.

Meemai.7523

Well you don’t seem to enjoy too much the game. It’s normal to get bored at some point at that kind of game. But the last time i got bored i had play for 6 months and my guild was dying so I was most of the time alone. I quit during the summer and then get back in april.

But you played 3 weeks only. And not much more a year ago. You only touched the surface of the game and you are already bored? Its really not a game for you it seem. I can understand someone that did dungeon master, get 2-3 alts level up and gear up in exotic, reach level 40-50 in fractals maybe got 1 legendary and don’t like WvW and sPvP. For this kind of people, ya get bored is normal even if you like the game and this person should take a break of the game for a couple of months. But again you seem more like you don’t really enjoy the game except for a tiny part that get done in a couple of weeks only.

Hmm I do like the game, I can enjoy it but there’s things that I do not enjoy.
Svp atm… I love WvW but my server is bad at it so the uhm WvW sucks, commanders raging at each other or at others and all that kind of jazz, do not want to go there. Community wise that is.’
EotM great, very great but we get outmassed…. And the other two worlds farm us like we are mobs.

Fractals, to repetitive to keep running fractals over and over, and to go to higher levels I need earrings that are ascended the only way to get these are laurels or guild commendations both processes cannot be sped up. On the other hand even if I could do fractal to the highest level or something, it would be boring to just do fractals all day.

Pve = exploring is meh.. It feels like a chore, going for the frostgorge train can be fun if you get an exciting drop but I do not like to grind and do world bosses to get crap in a chest all because it’s pointless gambling getting a precurser is crazy luck or grinding and buying one off tp… It does not even surprise me that in fractals the guys with legendaries sometimes suck harder than those without. No offense to those with legendaries though. I know some good players with legendaries I am just saying a legendary is not as much proof of a skilled played. Do not judge them by they’re legendary I guess…

But now I am summing this all up you might be right.. I do like to do dungeons and see some new stuff but my guild is not big enough to do all this stuff I am in a small guild and thought of leaving them. But there’s a catch, the bigger guilds are not personal and are just pick up groups. So I am at a loss.

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Some advice

- Don’t do 1 part of the game repetitively, except if that’s what you want. When factal was realease, i use to play with 2 of my friends. We were doing fractal 1 to 2 times per days until we reached level 49. I had a great time then. Now, it good if i do fractal once a week, but each time I do a fractal run, i have a great time. You don’t need to do fractal each day, but you neither need to stop fractal completely. Same with each part of the game.

- Bigger guilds are not personnal if you make it impersonal. ALWAYS BE ON VOIP. I can’t talk for everybody, but when I play, i talk with the people in mumble and decide with them what we gonna do next. We give all our idea of what to do next. Someone I don’t know and follow someone else that want to do a specific dungeon, other times nobody know and we discuss to find out, other time we all have different idea and after a discussion we spit everybody in 2 groups to do 2 differents things and other time I end up playing alone because i want to do something specific that nobody else want to do. Once we figure out what to do next, then we ask on the guild chat to complete our group. And most of the time, when someone else in the guild chat ask for a specific dungeon or something else, we are already doing something, so we either don’t see it or answer no thanks. For someone in the VOIP my guild is social and personnal, for someone no in it, its pretty impersonal. And remember that guild is not either big of small, a lot of medium guild out there.

- Be proactive or lucky. I’m proactive. So I give a lot of time for my guild, make it grow and get people closer together and now my guild is closer than ever. I wanted to get better in dungeon and make speed run. So i formed a speed run group, identifying people that wanted the same thing in my guild and we agreed to specific build and learn together the best way to run specific dungeons. I wanted to do more WvW, so I found a raiding guild, join it and now 6 of my guildmate are in this guild with me doing raid 5 times a week (this became my main activity in GW2). See, I’m proactive and got the stuff I wanted and several of my guildmate are lucky and now they can do stuff that I did and they also want to do. You can be proactive or lucky, your choice. Its all about the people you play with and if you are willing or not to find those people are play the stuff that you prefer. It the same thing with life. I like to play hockey, but the hard part is to find a team, and get it organized so we can play together on a regular basis.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I set goals each month, get xx amount of gold, complete crafting to level xx, complete this or that achievements. Once I meet these goals, I will some times quit for the rest of the month. This way I always have something to do, regardless of what is going on in the game.

Bored to tears.

Meemai.7523

Some advice

- Don’t do 1 part of the game repetitively, except if that’s what you want. When factal was realease, i use to play with 2 of my friends. We were doing fractal 1 to 2 times per days until we reached level 49. I had a great time then. Now, it good if i do fractal once a week, but each time I do a fractal run, i have a great time. You don’t need to do fractal each day, but you neither need to stop fractal completely. Same with each part of the game.

- Bigger guilds are not personnal if you make it impersonal. ALWAYS BE ON VOIP. I can’t talk for everybody, but when I play, i talk with the people in mumble and decide with them what we gonna do next. We give all our idea of what to do next. Someone I don’t know and follow someone else that want to do a specific dungeon, other times nobody know and we discuss to find out, other time we all have different idea and after a discussion we spit everybody in 2 groups to do 2 differents things and other time I end up playing alone because i want to do something specific that nobody else want to do. Once we figure out what to do next, then we ask on the guild chat to complete our group. And most of the time, when someone else in the guild chat ask for a specific dungeon or something else, we are already doing something, so we either don’t see it or answer no thanks. For someone in the VOIP my guild is social and personnal, for someone no in it, its pretty impersonal. And remember that guild is not either big of small, a lot of medium guild out there.

- Be proactive or lucky. I’m proactive. So I give a lot of time for my guild, make it grow and get people closer together and now my guild is closer than ever. I wanted to get better in dungeon and make speed run. So i formed a speed run group, identifying people that wanted the same thing in my guild and we agreed to specific build and learn together the best way to run specific dungeons. I wanted to do more WvW, so I found a raiding guild, join it and now 6 of my guildmate are in this guild with me doing raid 5 times a week (this became my main activity in GW2). See, I’m proactive and got the stuff I wanted and several of my guildmate are lucky and now they can do stuff that I did and they also want to do. You can be proactive or lucky, your choice. Its all about the people you play with and if you are willing or not to find those people are play the stuff that you prefer. It the same thing with life. I like to play hockey, but the hard part is to find a team, and get it organized so we can play together on a regular basis.

Sounds nice, I help newbies when they ask me something. But I havn’t found any guilds like you describe.

But it indeed sounds nice to always have people to do something with and have fun. I am not used to that the guilds I was in had no voip and would be very annoying. Only my raid guild used voip but they are kind of death atm as all leaders are bussy with school exams.

But I do fractals every day and they are getting tiresome. But I have to do them to get the level up and I have nothing else to do anway I get up do bosses/fractals and then I am done for the day,.

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

You say all you do is fractals… I would get bored of that too.

You can always throw some other dungeons in the mix, maybe even challenge yourself and do them with less than 5 people.

Make a new character/class and learn its ins and outs. I have all 8, if I get bored playing one class too much, I just switch it up.

Your server doesn’t have to be good at WvW to have fun in WvW. Small scale WvW is a lot more fun for me than zerg-WvW (I have done both quite a bit). Get a party together and do some 5-man WvW — go further and try to synergize your builds/playstyle with one another. It is a level of skill much different than fractals — fighting AI is easy, fighting other people can be much more fun.

Try to get 100% map completion (although that can get boring too)

Also, on a side note: You can get ascended accessories from completing guild missions. Join a large guild that does all the missions once a week. In 2 weeks you can get one accessory (12 commendations).

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Bored to tears.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Go play another game or split your time between the two. That is what I am doing now. The combat can be fun but most of the time it isn’t. Hanging around in case they actually decide to fix the various issues.