Broke @ 80

Broke @ 80

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: mistafadedglory.3681

mistafadedglory.3681

Just hit lvl 80 and I’m broke. Where/what can I go to farm to make some scratch?

Broke @ 80

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Map clearing and Orr zerging have worked well for me.

Seriously. Last night I spent a little under a gold for some materials for crafting before churning out some of that. I then went through a map or two to unlock karma vendors to get pieces of armor for a transmutation I wanted to do on my gear. By the end, I had that gold back and a little more.

I also haven’t been rushing to level, playing various characters and running around the world, but I did recently get one of them to 80. I was exploring in Orr and found all of the other players, or at least a nice large chunk of them, and followed the zerg through events. Within an hour or so of playing and getting drops, I made a gold or two easy.

These are not the only ways, to be sure, but as I currently wouldn’t describe my play style as "farming" I think it’s a good indication of how easy it should be for you to get a little bit of cash coming in on your character, or at least see if these avenues are worth it to you.

Broke @ 80

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I run dungeons, about half gold per run unless i get something that sells really well. I don’t really do so well in the Orr zergs, my toon has a hard time “tagging in”.

Broke @ 80

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

how can you be broke? what did you buy? Anyway I run with a friend and farm orr. We also sell harvest items on the trading post. I have spent 9 gold in the last 4 days and I currently have 16 gold right now and I am a casual player.

Broke @ 80

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Dungeons. 26s per path + vendor trash + 3 chests + chance for golds/high lvl greens to sell on TP. Dungeon tokens are a bonus.

A decent run will make you around 50s. Bad runs still net between 35-40s which isn’t bad for 40 minutes to an hour of your time.

There is the potential to make more by farming Orr. But I personally prefer the diversity and player company of doing dungeons over doing the same events over and over again for hours, largely by myself.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Broke @ 80

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Dungeons. 26s per path + vendor trash + 3 chests + chance for golds/high lvl greens to sell on TP. Dungeon tokens are a bonus.

A decent run will make you around 50s. Bad runs still net between 35-40s which isn’t bad for 40 minutes to an hour of your time.

There is the potential to make more by farming Orr. But I personally prefer the diversity and player company of doing dungeons over doing the same events over and over again for hours, largely by myself.

I totally agree with this. Taking it one step further is using the 70+ dungeons tokens like CoF to buy rares and salvage them and hope to get globs. Globs are about 19s right now so if you are really lucky you can make 40s+ on those alone.

Broke @ 80

Posted by: Broken Angel.4956

Broken Angel.4956

Make a Engeneer, level him to 80, farm orr.
Thats what I did because mesmers cant farm orr. I can make 2 gold an hour or more. Way better than the 50s people get