Buying Ascended Weapons from Fractal Vendors.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

spawnofdivinedestruction.6230

Why on earth do I have pay the same amount of gold for a one handed weapon as a two handed weapon?! I have to spend double the gold for the same amount of infusions!

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Nothing they do for the most part makes sense. But, instead of doing what you would expect, they would likely realize that an error exists and just double the cost of the two handed items and leave the one hand items the cost they are now.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They seem like a ripoff either way compared to the crafting price. Just makes people like me who get terrible drops even more sad. While others sit on stacks of armor boxes. I don’t really even know what to do with all the fractal relics.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Doggie, this was a reliable way to eat them without crafting or doing raids, of course it is going to more expensive, Anet wants people to craft Ascended vs buying them.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Doggie, this was a reliable way to eat them without crafting or doing raids, of course it is going to more expensive, Anet wants people to craft Ascended vs buying them.

But it makes Fractals unrewarding since I don’t get RNG drops. Originally I thought it’d be a method for people who’ve run it an insane amount of time to be able to buy the stuff they never got from bad luck till I saw the prices attached.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

But it makes Fractals unrewarding since I don’t get RNG drops. Originally I thought it’d be a method for people who’ve run it an insane amount of time to be able to buy the stuff they never got from bad luck till I saw the prices attached.

I think you might have misunderstood. The developers have specifically said it’s intended for people who hate crafting, not as an alternative source for ascended for everyone else.

I’m sorry you aren’t getting ascended gear drops in fractals. How often do you run a full set of T4 dailies?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

I cannot run T4 yet, I just got into T3. I have to do Fractals on my Engineer instead of my Thief because I have to spend double for two one handed weapons than one two-handed weapon.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I cannot run T4 yet, I just got into T3. I have to do Fractals on my Engineer instead of my Thief because I have to spend double for two one handed weapons than one two-handed weapon.

The drop rate for T3 is considerably less than that of T4, so it’s not a reliable method for obtaining ascended armor or weapons.

Crafting is the preferred method, in terms of both time and investment costs. I have several friends who refuse to craft that have gotten their gear via WvW or PvP rank up rewards, but I have no data that indicates whether that is common or unusual for frequent players of those modes. I’ve also received ascended gear randomly in PvE, but the drop rate is too low to consider that as anything other than luck.

The fractal vendor was designed as a last resort for those who are unwilling to craft. It costs way too much for anyone else.

tl;dr I recommend folks invest in crafting for their first set. Those who can run at least 10-20 T4 dailies per week can patiently let RNG bring them subsequent sets.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

The drop rate for T3 is considerably less than that of T4, so it’s not a reliable method for obtaining ascended armor or weapons.

Crafting is the preferred method, in terms of both time and investment costs. I have several friends who refuse to craft that have gotten their gear via WvW or PvP rank up rewards, but I have no data that indicates whether that is common or unusual for frequent players of those modes. I’ve also received ascended gear randomly in PvE, but the drop rate is too low to consider that as anything other than luck.

The fractal vendor was designed as a last resort for those who are unwilling to craft. It costs way too much for anyone else.

tl;dr I recommend folks invest in crafting for their first set. Those who can run at least 10-20 T4 dailies per week can patiently let RNG bring them subsequent sets.

Yeah I’ve gotten 6 Ascended weapons now from PvP. I run T3 fractals for money and I’d like to run T4 so I can earn even more money. Thanks for the tip! I’m not really getting ascended for better stats, I want them so I can stuff more agony resistance into them.