By Design: No power advancement at 80.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Does everyone that likes to grind for gear get it now?

No Gear Grind, No Power Advancement At 80. Period.

This is part of the original vision for Guild Wars 2, and is a corner stone in its design. If you want a gear grind and have power advancement – You are playing the wrong game !

As for the rest of us , we love it !

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

you mean I actually have to be a decent player and not just grind endlessly on a hamster wheel for mad l337 gear? BLASPHEMY!!!!

Fear the Reaper

Diva.4706

>shifted
I know its crazy talk

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

I sense a disturbing amount of fanboy in this thread.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

There is having no power advancement, then there is having a lack of things to do.

I’m all for killing the gear treadmill. But having more optional carrots like cosmetic skins is always a good thing. Like reasons to go back to old zones and stuff. As long as that void is filled with extra (AGAIN OPTIONAL) stuff to do, everyone is happy. =p

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

I sense a disturbing amount of fanboy in this thread.

I played WoW for 6 years, from Vanilla through Cata, no breaks, hardcore raider. Gear treadmills tend to speed up thanks to the ‘gimme’ generation. I welcome any change or game that doesn’t hand out loot like it’s frickin’ candy.

At least with this game, skill actually means something and you can’t just sit afk in pvp to earn points for that next set of leet gear just because you’re too lazy/crappy of a player to actually play the game. It also means that casuals will be on par with hardcores stat wise, but there’s still a reason for hardcores to play (mad tight shinies y0)

Fear the Reaper

(edited by Shifted.3697)

Posted by: Blarrg.8305

Blarrg.8305

Sometimes I can’t keep up with all the terminologies you young bucks are using these days. Is gear grind/gear treadmill the system of doing dungeons/raids to obtain better gear to do the next tier of dungeons/raids?

\m/ \m/

Diva.4706

> blarrg
That is correct. GW2 does not have tiered content at max level, to advance gear power, such as raids.

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

I like that there is no power advancement, but the gear-grinders can still culminate around dungeons. That’s why there’s sooooooo many people farming and wearing CoF armor. It’s ridiculous.

But that’s fine by me. I’m more of a treasure hunter, and unfortunately I can’t find good loot without sacrificing my stats for magic find. I wish dungeons had a mode where instead of tokens you would receive an increased magic find bonus for every boss you kill so that as you progress through the dungeon, you will be getting better loot from monsters and even greater loot from the chests, but in order to get the best/most consistent treasure you’re encouraged to complete as much of the dungeon as possible instead of just speed-clearing a boss or two.

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

I’ll disagree, there is still power advancement in exotics. They’re clearly superior to lower rarity items and incredibly hard to achieve because of their costs. If you want to say there is no power advancement then items like this need to have their costs greatly decreased.