Can I just explore the Season 3 maps ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: leasm.1279

leasm.1279

Hey guys, I’m returning after some time.

I have just a little bit of time to play each day, and I’d like to spend this time just exploring new content and completing some new zones. I had already explored Cursed Shore, Dry Top, Silverwastes, and all HoT maps, but the Season 3 zones are new to me.

However, I must say I hate storylines, conversation, walking around.. and I simply don’t have time to do any kind of personal story non-fighting affairs. I just want to explore on my own.

So, my question is: can I explore the new Season 3 maps without having to go through all that kind of story-driven conversation and cutscenes? How?

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Hey guys, I’m returning after some time.

I have just a little bit of time to play each day, and I’d like to spend this time just exploring new content and completing some new zones. I had already explored Cursed Shore, Dry Top, Silverwastes, and all HoT maps, but the Season 3 zones are new to me.

However, I must say I hate storylines, conversation, walking around.. and I simply don’t have time to do any kind of personal story non-fighting affairs. I just want to explore on my own.

So, my question is: can I explore the new Season 3 maps without having to go through all that kind of story-driven conversation and cutscenes? How?

Far as I know you need to follow the story line to gain entrance to the new maps for S3, and in response to your, “I must say I hate storylines, conversation, walking around.. and I simply don’t have time to do any kind of personal story non-fighting affairs.” Why do you play MMO’s if you don’t like/hate doing those things?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: ST Babaganosh.3745

ST Babaganosh.3745

You can purchase portals (ironically from vendors in the maps..) or use teleport to a friend to gain access to these maps without following the story and just wonder around collecting unbound magic and dailies

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I used a teleport to a friend to get into a couple of the maps and then bought the map portal scroll to get my alts in.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Holler if you want to go the Teleport to Friend route, and let us know whether you play on EU or NA, and I’m sure someone here can connect — if you need that kind of assistance.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You must have the episodes unlocked to be able to teleport to them tho.

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

You might still need to do some story to access bits of the maps, in Bitterfrost I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to mix the thaw elixir to access the eastern part of the map unless you’ve got a char that’s done that in the story first (I might be wrong).

Also I’m pretty sure the ancient magics mastery line is only unlocked by entering a map via story, so you’d best do that to get it unlocked, as having thermal tubes mastery will really make exploring some LS3 maps a lot easier.

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

I just did this yesterday: After starting an episode you have to play the first 1 to 2 missions to unlock the map (make sure to enter it to get the first waypoint unlocked). Then you can start the next episode to unlock the next map. Your character will keep the first unlocked wp on every map. You need to play the first episode a bit further to unlock the wild magic mastery tree, but that’s all. Gliding #2 and to be able to use the jumping mushrooms is useful.

(edited by Lanhelin.3480)