Can my computer run Guild Wars 2?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Phenomenal.5013

Phenomenal.5013

I’m not very tech savvy but I bought a new computer, can it run Guild Wars 2?

I7 7700k

Msi Nvidia GTX 1070 gaming Z

16gb of DDR4 Ram.

A z270 gigabyte ultra gaming x motherboard

EVGA 850w Gold power supply

Noctua U12s AIr cooling

Do I need to upgrade anything to run it?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Do a scan with Canyourunit.com.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

If you can run the forum then you can run the game

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Posted by: Kenneth.7536

Kenneth.7536

Even not so tech-savy people understand that this computer will run anything for years to come.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

That’s more than enough to run GW2, or any modern game. Though with GW2, there will be situations (like wvw or large pve events) where your framerates get fairly low. But that’s due to the coding and optimization of the game, not your hardware. It would happen no matter how much money you pour into a PC.

For other games, you should generally be able to max out settings at 1080p(or even 1440p with some) for all but the most demanding games. The 1070 is a very capable GPU, and an i7 7700k is somewhat overkill for many games.

tldr
That will run any game you can find to throw at it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

OP that blows my 3 year old setup out of the water and i get everything smooth @60 fps appart from wvw and busy cities, game will look silky for you

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

my 10+ yr old AMD 64 quadcore can run guilds wars, be it at medium to low settings, at a 12-35 FPS. My new i7 3930K which is 4+ years old can run it as well it has 2 GTX 780’s in Sli and will run 22-140(+) FPS depending on the amount of ppl, combat and/or aura effects… and I keep it at 60 capped normally to avoid unneccesary heating of the PC, the room and the planet..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

get a watercooling and OC that CPU at least to 5ghz to run smooth as baby skin, gw2 optimization is very cpu heavy if you want to play WvW.

got my cpu oc’ed @5.4 with a 980ti to deal with enemy zerg aoe spam, stil game has issues not every skill will be rendered to your screen … due game graphical clutter.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Everytime I read a title: “Can my PC run GW2?” then I see them list
“Intel i7”
“GTX”
Freakin “16GB RAM!!!” Like COME ON! Of COURSE IT CAN! LOL

You’re Not running a potato and even a potato can run GW2 just fine with an intel HD integrated graphics and YOU GOT a GTX Card which blows that out of the water!

Anyways for future reference you can play any game just fine with your specs at high settings with GTX1070, 16gb of Ram with Intel i7 7700k! No more asking if you can run games, just trust me your PC can handle ANY Game! =) You got a beast of a PC and you don’t even know it!!! Well you do now I hope. haha

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

How the hell do you end up with a PC of that spec then still have to question if a game will still run on it?! Dropping the sort of money that PC must have cost, you must have at least done a bit of research on specs / components, certainly enough to know it can basically run anything!

That’s a beast of a PC! Wish I had that sort of power haha

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

For some reason ever time I see these threads I just imagine the OP is trying to brag out their machine. lol Now I’m not accusing this OP of that, it’s just what I always tend to think when I see them.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Honestly, those who aren’t tech savvy have no idea what sort of machine they are getting. They go to a website or some computer shop and they’re encouraged to spend what they can afford. So it’s all-to-easy to end up with a great computer without realizing it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Phenomenal.5013

Yeah I literally paid 1,400$ so I was expecting same specs as a macbook

mrstealth.6701

You’ll almost always get more for your money performance wise with a desktop. Especially compared with a Macbook, since Apple is rather notorious for overpriced hardware/upgrade options. Not that the new Pros are slouches, but they don’t offer anything above an entry level GPU in those high price machines.

Phenomenal.5013

So Macbooks suck for the price then?

mrstealth.6701

I wouldn’t go that far, but they’re certainly not a good performance per dollar value compared to what you can find in non-Apple systems. Macbooks seem to be pretty well-built, and are definitely nice to look at, but metal bodies and aesthetic-focused designs are more common now in higher end Windows notebooks. Premium machines that still seem to be generally cheaper than Apple’s comparable offerings.

A Mac is something you should probably only get for OSX. Whether that be just a strong preference for OSX itself or for software available only on Macs. I know they are popular, for good reason, among audio/video creators and editors. But for general use, and especially for gaming, you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere if you can live without an Apple logo on your computer.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I wouldn’t go that far, but they’re certainly not a good performance per dollar value compared to what you can find in non-Apple systems. Macbooks seem to be pretty well-built, and are definitely nice to look at, but metal bodies and aesthetic-focused designs are more common now in higher end Windows notebooks. Premium machines that still seem to be generally cheaper than Apple’s comparable offerings.

A Mac is something you should probably only get for OSX. Whether that be just a strong preference for OSX itself or for software available only on Macs. I know they are popular, for good reason, among audio/video creators and editors. But for general use, and especially for gaming, you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere if you can live without an Apple logo on your computer.

Video/audio creators and editors like me prefer Windows PC over Macs because the price for the performance on a windows PC is much greater for such task. Specially in 3D animations. Also you have the option to upgrade over time which is much cheaper. So yeah, a PC does better for any task than a Mac. A person who buys a Mac is really paying for the OSX and maybe some software exclusive but… professionals left Final Cut long time ago. It used to be King back in the days though.

Posted by: Azamanaza.5740

Azamanaza.5740

The one thing I don’t like about Apple products is you can’t customize stuff. And if something breaks, you gotta replace the whole thing.

On topic, your rig is still a beast, which would probably still be relevant enough to run games 3-4 years from now.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Even not so tech-savy people understand that this computer will run anything for years to come.

Yeah, sounds more like a humble brag.

I run GW2 on a 6 years old i5 smoothly.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I’m not very tech savvy but I bought a new computer, can it run Guild Wars 2?

I7 7700k

Msi Nvidia GTX 1070 gaming Z

16gb of DDR4 Ram.

A z270 gigabyte ultra gaming x motherboard

EVGA 850w Gold power supply

Noctua U12s AIr cooling

Do I need to upgrade anything to run it?

Saddly you can’t run this game.

Minimum system requirements are at least 32GB ddr4 ram 1000W power supply and nvidia 1080 gtx and SSD 240GB.