Not likely unless …
1) it’s really a scam
2) there is enough evidence to support it
3) obviously the other person would have to bring it up with support first

Can my friend get banned for ....

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

If I were your friend, I’d try to pay some of it back asap. If she does that and keeps paying, he has no grounds to report her for scamming.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sure, if she had a habit of welshing on “loans” then support might take action. Otherwise as long as she makes good eventually it might tick off the loaner but that’s it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Behellagh.1468

1st time no worries then. They ban accounts not IP addresses.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Avoid loan sharks. :P

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

No, gold transactions between non bot players are not reportable nor bannable. Even from a"loan shark". There is no way someone can make you pay them back, if they threaten you you can report them and they can get banned easily.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

My friend borrowed some gold (she even said borrow to him) from a friend and said she will try and pay it back saturday. If she don’t pay it back saturday can she get banned? she did say she will pay it back as soon as she can.

Thank you!

Judging on the thing you are saying here, the answer is no. It is just your side of the story, so support can judge differently. A ban for scamming is given only after reviewing an account severly. A single incident that might be interpetated as scamming is not often the result of a ban.

What if me and my friend share the same computer? (2 different accounts but same computer) will my account get banned if her’s does? >.<

and behallagh, this is her first time ever borrowing gold.

Typically they ban accounts and not IP’s. In very rare and severe cases they can do an IP-ban. This typically happens when people keep on making new accounts and continue bad behaviour. So in your case. Don’t worry at all!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My understanding is that Anet do not involve themselves in arrangements like this between players, or any type of trading between players.

If you send gold to someone and they promise to pay it back later, or send you an item later or even send you something in return right away, then you’re doing it at your own risk.

Unless the person loaning the gold could prove that your friend had scammed them in some way (and I mean scammed, not “I promise I’ll pay you back”, more something like “Hey there’s this bug where if you send gold to me and I log off at the moment it arrives you’ll get the gold back and then I can send the mail back and you’ll have double your gold, come on, try it!”*) Anet won’t do anything, even if they reported it.

*In case anyone’s unclear this is not a real bug or even a real scam. It’s something I made up just now for this post. Please don’t try it because it won’t work.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

My understanding is that Anet do not involve themselves in arrangements like this between players, or any type of trading between players.

If you send gold to someone and they promise to pay it back later, or send you an item later or even send you something in return right away, then you’re doing it at your own risk.

Unless the person loaning the gold could prove that your friend had scammed them in some way (and I mean scammed, not “I promise I’ll pay you back”, more something like “Hey there’s this bug where if you send gold to me and I log off at the moment it arrives you’ll get the gold back and then I can send the mail back and you’ll have double your gold, come on, try it!”*) Anet won’t do anything, even if they reported it.

*In case anyone’s unclear this is not a real bug or even a real scam. It’s something I made up just now for this post. Please don’t try it because it won’t work.

This is incorrect info. If one makes a trade and doesn’t come through with their end of the bargain, and does that on a regular base, Arenanet will take action against that person. You are confused with that they don’t refund the item to the victum. The reason for that is that Arenanet wants people to use the tradepost.

But if people scam on a regular base, they will get in trouble.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Behellagh.1468

Like I said, one instance support won’t care. Multiple instances with the same player, they may take action at that point.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Or she could just pay (at least some of it for a start) back, no need to worry then.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Avoid loan sharks. :P

“Neither a borrower nor a lender be.”

(and the one about Lawyers…)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances