Can't complete Dredgehaunt Cliffs zone. No dwarven keys

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

This is probably one of the most frustrating things I’ve encountered in the game as of yet. I’m going for map completion, and I have everything else in the zone. But because I’ve only found 1 Dwarven Key, I could only get to 1 of the 2 tombs with POI. I’ve been running around killing everything in the zone for hours and can not get another key to drop.

Also, I tried spamming in chat to see if anyone else has a key. It appears that either I’m the only one in the zone, or everyone is being mysteriously quiet.

Checked the TP as well, can’t buy or sell them as I think they’re soulbound items.

Is this intended? To lock map completion behind a door that requires what appears to be a magnificently low droprate item?

Someone help me out here?

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Try pressing against the door and moving along it, I know I discovered the poi in one of them by doing that.

Eliteseraph.4970

I tried that. Didn’t work.

Posted by: KokoroPixie.3786

KokoroPixie.3786

What server are you on? I have 28 keys in the bank, and would gladly take you to the vaults and let you in. I am on The Isle’s server.

Eliteseraph.4970

Sanctum of Rall

I sent a bug report in, so hopefully a GM will get back to me, but I’m not holding my breath. Probably end up having to farm like crazy.

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

I had to hit up the events to the south; where the Dredge take over the outposts. I did those a few times and finally got a key for my last alt.

My first run through there (on my main) and during the first week of launch, I ended up with 30+ keys. Thinking I wouldn’t need to hold on to them, as they were so common, I tossed them.
Second and third alts each had to grind for them. doh…

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Try fighting trolls, i got 2 keys in 5 minutes heading through the zone off trolls going to a story quest and i don’t know what they are for. :P

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

What server are you on? I have 28 keys in the bank, and would gladly take you to the vaults and let you in. I am on The Isle’s server.

Same. I was beginning to think maybe there were more tombs I wasn’t finding. Devona’s Rest server.

Posted by: Doomsayer.8250

Doomsayer.8250

Purely anecdotal evidence, but it seems like they have a higher drop chance from Veterans than from normal mobs.

I had the same problem you did, when trying for zone completion. Three hours later, after much grinding , I finally found the two keys I needed.
Then last night, I was levelling an alt there. 4 keys in 30 minutes. sigh

Posted by: MrPowell.7695

MrPowell.7695

I had the same issue. I only found (and used) one key. Then I came up to the other locked door. I just put a call out on the map chat if anyone had any dwarven keys. A guy answered the call, met me at the door and we cleared it out together.

It was a lot of fun and he is someone that I run with now whenever we are both online. You may also hear people answer that have the key with no idea what it does.

Qillin – Wells/Marks build Necromancer (Devona’s Rest)

Dogs love me cuz I’m crazy sniffable.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Maybe they should make these keys tradeable. Hopefully, it goes the way of butter and it sells for 1 copper. One of my alts got 13 keys in an hour from just doing hearts in the zone. I’d much rather give/sell these keys than delete them because I feel it would have more value helping someone do their map completion.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i just rubbed my character’s face against the door until i got the points of interest. worked on all of them.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Of the two PoI, I was able to face rub the one in the Dredge bore but not the one in the Skritt cave. I realize it’s too late for the OP, but if anyone else gets only 1 key, I’d say use it on the one in the Skritt cave.