Can't equip 2 similar ascended rings together

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: whcrow.7852

whcrow.7852

I’ve bought 2 Rings of Red Death in FotM. But I can not equip both of them together. If one of the rings is equipped the second ring can’t be equipped in the next slot. Slot becomes red when the ring is over it and there is no Equip Ring of Red Death option in context menu of this slot.
Of course I can equip 2 different ascended rings but this situation anyway seems very strange to me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

If you move over one of the rings it will say Unique, meaning you can only equip one of them.

This is the reason why there are 2 versions of rings with the same stats, just different infusion slots.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

another “way around it” is i’ve read that if you infuse one of your RRoD you can equip both. since i guess one is unique in that it has an infusion. whereas the other doesn’t. i don’t have any ascended rings yet so can’t confirm but i’ve seen that notion a few times around the interwebz.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Posted by: Leviticus.7902

Leviticus.7902

yeah im currently having the same problem as you are right now, and it seems like we wasted those points and gold <.< i already infused both rings and i can only wear one of them <.< it sucks since i wasted those points and gold >< if yu guys know a solution to this problem, other than getting another 1 plz do tell

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

yeah im currently having the same problem as you are right now, and it seems like we wasted those points and gold <.< i already infused both rings and i can only wear one of them <.< it sucks since i wasted those points and gold >< if yu guys know a solution to this problem, other than getting another 1 plz do tell

Not to be rude, but there is no solution because there is no problem. It’s just the way the unique items work. There are multiple versions of these items with the exact same stats, you just need to get the other ring.

Ex. Crystalline Band and Red Ring of Death

Zelendel

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Working as intended. Granted, it isn’t very clear ahead of time. You can only ever equip one ‘unique’ item. A Red Ring of Death and a Red Ring of Death (Infused) are techincally two different unique items so you will be able to equip both.

There are two versions of each ring, one with an offensive slot and one with a defensive slot. They will have the same stats, different names.

There is no way around this.

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

I wish I had known about this BEFORE buying a second RROD…

There should be a sticky about this.

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

It’s just the nature of unique items. You can try and contact customer service to exchange one for another.

Posted by: Hopper.5128

Hopper.5128

You can infuse one and not the other in that case they are different items and can both be used

AvD

Posted by: RevGDFreeze.3485

RevGDFreeze.3485

Found this out the hard way, yet i just gave mine to another ALT and lucky for me i had enough guild comms and gold to buy the alternative, but i do agree that it should be documented better i also understand how hard that would be.

Are ascended account bound? That would make it a lot less painful when you buy the same ring.

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

It’s just the nature of unique items. You can try and contact customer service to exchange one for another.

I did the same thing in getting two RROD and no, they wouldn’t do an exchange. I just passed the ring on to an alt as they are account bound until equipped. I learned any item that is called “unique” such as the ascended, you can only have one of each type equipped.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

It was a good choice of me to get an offensive and a defensive infusion of each ring. ^^

Coincidence, but I’m happy with that choice.
At the current values you’ll never use those infusions for anything but omni so it doesn’t matter.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

And this sticky would’ve helped you ? And the hundred threads of complaining did not ?

The should also be a sticky explaining what “greatsword” means. I bought two but it didn’t let me equip them …

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

And this sticky would’ve helped you ? And the hundred threads of complaining did not ?

The should also be a sticky explaining what “greatsword” means. I bought two but it didn’t let me equip them …

To be fair, this is a big difference between understanding what a greatsword is and what unique means in this game.

Players that come from other MMOs seem to grasp the concept of unique and what it is intended to mean without a second thought.

It is usually newer players to MMOs that do not fully understand what the term unique means in this game. And it is NOT their fault. The game does a poor job explaining this.

They really should have introduced some lower level items that were unique and made it part of the tutorial for each character just so everyone understood what it meant. Not introduce a totally new term/feature to the game at end game.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Yeah, they should probably hand over distionaries for each purchased copy of GW2.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/unique

And a greatsword … what’s so great about it ? What’s a focus ? Why can’t I use a shield in main hand ?

“Sry officer, when I was born, the tutorial didn’t tell me that I shall not kill others.”

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Shield in main hand? Are you left handed? xDDD

No seriously. I see where Anets reason for this comes from but honestly…

Shield in left hand should be possible being as “left handed”.
It’s the only thing I find weird.

You’re like playing and only fight with your left hand. However your right hand is hardly ever used. Does it hurt so much to swing your right hand?

But I understand as they make the right hands abilities stronger than the left hands (guess everyone in Tyria has a strong right :P)

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

They won’t help, I destroyed 20-slot backpack and salvaged 1 ecto and no help from their side, I understand no refund for backpack but ecto don’t have warning before salvaging which is for me a bug because every rare+ item got it.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoulda read the forums. “Unique” isn’t plastered on the item to simply look pretty.