Can't figure out which class to play? Help!!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aurum.8793

Aurum.8793

Greetings comrades. I am a rank 29… Person. See, that’s the problem. Normally, someone woul name a different proffesion where I said person, but I can’t actually choose which proffesion I want to use. I don’t want to sound fanboyish, but I love all the classes, and I can’t choose a favorite. I’m definitely better at some proffesions than others, but it doesn’t really matter to me as long as I’m having fun.

I guess you guys can’t REALLY help me with this problem, as you don’t know my playstyle or preferences or anything, but I would appreciate suggestions. I want to get better, and I can’t do that if I’m constantly class hopping.

Thanks to all who take the time to reply!

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Mesmer, guardian or Elementalist. These are the most well rounded professions with great roles in PvP. If you’re the type of person that buys a new game and immediately starts it on the hardest difficulty, then Engineer.

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Be warned if you go D/D Ele or any spec Mesmer yo uwill get kittened at if you kill people saying that you are a noob (i get it ALOT)

Posted by: Vpulse.2195

Vpulse.2195

All of them….at least the most OP ones….if you really want to get better you need to know your enemies in order to counter then.

You can be really good with your main class but wont be enough if you dont know whats your enemy doing imo.

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Try every class, find the one you like and play it, if you have problems with one class or spec then make a character with that class or build and try them out – give them a play around in PvP find out how they work and what the weaknesses are and it will make it easier to fight them….shame not everyone takes this route and would rather kitten and moan about them on a forum

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Mesmer, guardian or Elementalist. These are the most well rounded professions with great roles in PvP. If you’re the type of person that buys a new game and immediately starts it on the hardest difficulty, then Engineer.

Hehe no one else knows engineers are UP because we’re all so good at them

Choops.3710

Hehe no one else knows engineers are UP because we’re all so good at them

That’s what happens when you have a tight knit community of people that refuse to give up on it, even when the developer’s make jokes about how bad it is

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Ele OP and fun to play.

^this

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Lol..people still crying about eles?….The devs already said they will nerf the only viable build on eles ( tanky/bunker) and people still QQ?I tell you what just remove all weapon set from ele profession and give them a target icon on the back…lol this game not gonna survive next year with this community

Choops.3710

Especially when people are under the impression that ele has only 1 viable build.

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Especially when people are under the impression that ele has only 1 viable build.

Pls do post these other “viable” builds with no 30 in arcana and 20 water and do pls post videos of people playing these “viable” build in tPvP..
Do people even think before talking these days?

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

I’m impressed that you managed to get to rank 29 and still haven’t decided which class you prefer to play.

Having played Mesmer, Thief, Ranger, and Elementalist, I find that I typically have the most fun playing on my Mesmer, though P/D Thief with poisons is a lot of fun to tinker around with too.

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Elementalist Mesmer and Ranger are my favorite classes.
Ele/Rangers are getting toned down next patch
so I’m shelving em and playing mah mesma

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Aurum.8793

I like the Mesmer a lot, I just feel kind of… I don’t know… cheap I guess? Whenever I use mine.

Aurum.8793

But then again… Condition necro is fun too. And so is burst thief, and healing Guardian, burst engi, and condition ranger. It only there was an eight sided coin I could flip to determine which class I choose.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

A lot of people who whine about the 0/10/0/30/30 D/D ele have not played one. The build is near-impossible to kill if played right- in other words, you can’t just roll an ele and do magically well in PvP right off the bat. You actually need skill, knowledge, and practice- lots of it. I say this because I’ve seen a number of D/D eles in WvW who lose their heads and waste all their movement/healing skills at once, and therefore get stomped by whatever they’re fighting.

And yes, even though I have played ele since launch and soloed champions and partially soloed dungeons, I am one of those eles- I can’t kill unless in a group and usually get killed if I’m up alone against two or more people. Rolling an elementalist does not automatically make you the next daphoenix.

Finally, the 0/10/0/30/30 build is survivable at the cost of damage. It doesn’t do much damage at all- players just assume that the annoying ball of lightning jumping all over the screen is the thing that’s killing them, when in fact it’s the thief/ranger/warrior attacking them from behind. An elementalist specced heavily into fire and geared for offense (common and very viable in tower defense/attacks) will hit enemies for several thousand damage per meteor with Meteor Storm- my fireballs hit for 409 damage.

Rant aside, OP, what kind of role do you like? Do you prefer support or more offense, ranged or melee? Do you like to spam skills or take it slower?

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

Everyone under the sun plays an Ele or Warr. Be original – go Engineer!

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play