Can't find Chili Peppers/Vanilla since cooking change

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rimarlk.1529

Rimarlk.1529

Ever since the state of the game change 2 days ago it seems like chili peppers and vanilla beans have fallen off the map. Besides being annoyed that cooking got nerfed before I could level it (was building up mats for a massive run…), I now can’t find 2 incredibly important mats. The State of the Game update said these ingredients have been taken off the karma merchants and put either in loot bags (only get butter and chocolate from those), gathering nodes (yet to get either from that) or from mob drops.

Has anyone gotten chili peppers/vanilla beans since the change? If so where in the world did you find them?? Thanks!

Rimarlk.1529

:( Nobody seems to know…

Posted by: Overunity.4273

Overunity.4273

The bags that drop in dungeons drops lots of cooking materials of all kinds .

We just want to have fun

Posted by: AuraofMana.1279

AuraofMana.1279

I’ve gotten vanilla beans from gathering plants so there’s that. Haven’t found chili peppers yet or I’ve been pretty unlucky.

Like you I was saving up materials to do a 1-400 cooking. I did it last night (so after the nerf) and other than having to buy chocolate and butter (both were cheap) not much is changed. You’ll need to spend a bit more money if you lack one or two materials. I only lacked raspberries but that was from gathering even before the nerf.

Posted by: Zipper Bear.8073

Zipper Bear.8073

Thought this thread was about bands…

Posted by: rraymondd.9406

rraymondd.9406

I have found my vanilla beans from a hearts guy. He sold the beans in bulk for karma points. Haven’t seen them while gathering though.
I think I did find my peppers by gathering. Can’t tell you where.

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I’ve found vanilla beans by gathering level 1-15 plants. Not found any chili peppers, but since they’re plants, maybe they’re found with higher level plants. Chocolate I’ve found in bags dropped by mobs. You’ll also get some cooking drops from chopping trees.

Posted by: Teva.2807

Teva.2807

chili peppers i found in arah

Thieftix- Crystal Desert [CLAV] Commander (Aka sexiest thief on CD >:])

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

I’ve gotten some chili peppers from a bag in Harathi. Vanilla seems rare-ish as well. I think the issue is that these were plopped into existing loot tables at various levels and now some of them are quite rare drops.

Posted by: Glitch.1523

Glitch.1523

I typically did the long run to the old vanilla/Chilli vendor last night without checking patch notes. I’ve had butter and chocolate drop from mobs, but nothing else so far. Gutted.

Rimarlk.1529

Problem is Arenanet changed it…and then didn’t specify what changed to what. It seems like they’ve disappeared from the game or just gotten incredibly more rare. Stupid. If you’re going to change it at least let us know how/what you changed it too. If anyone has any other luck finding them consistently I’d appreciate it.

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

I get dramatically more chilis now. I have tons of chilis off gathering nodes. I’m primarily in level 15-25 zones. I think they’re coming of the “herb” nodes but I admit I don’t fully remember. Never saw them at all before that patch.

I also got vanilla beans as a rare drop for the first time. That was most certainly off a herb node, as I did a double-take when I saw the new (to me) cooking ingredient.

All of these were with iron tool harvests. Think I got some of the chilis in the area right outside Lion’s Arch too, but I’m not 100% positive.

Maybe the just moved the chilis and vanillas to low-level places away from high-level places?

Posted by: Linestro.1056

Linestro.1056

They actually made me a lot of money taking the peppers out of the game. I bought 10k Peppers from karma Vendor to go towards my alts getting 400 cooking. Then They took the chili pepper out of the karma vendor and I sold 10k peppers for 75 Gold. Thanks Guild wars.