Can you explain +Condition Duration to me.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Atamis.1607

Atamis.1607

If i understand this correctly, +condition duration does not add any damage, so if i have a bleed that last 5 seconds, and one that last 10 seconds they would both to the same damage albiet over a longer duration. While i see how it would be useful for say a guardian that does a +% damge to burning targets, wouldn’t this be a dps loss on proffessions with readily stacking/100% uptime conditions?

Does +cond duration also effect debuffs like weakness/vulnerability?

On a slighlty related note, does boon duration effect quickness? or is that not considered a boon?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Conditions apply damage per tick (each second). The damage number you see in tooltips is basically that damage added up over the duration of the condition. Adding more duration increases the number of ticks and so the damage as well. It’s not spreading the same damage out over more time.

Yes it will affect weakness and vuln.

I don’t think boon duration affects quickness. Quickness actually takes one of the environmental effect slots on your UI rather than a boon slot which might have something to do with it.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

Quickness, like Stealth, is categorized as one of the Other Effects. Since they are not boons, they are not affected by boon duration, nor can they be applied by skills which grant random boons.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

just remember that for certain conditions the dmg is done per tick, per second. so when you do decide to add +condition duration, take not of the overall duration and if it infact adds room for another tick, and in turn, extra DPS.

i feel duration is usually more useful for things like chill or poisin (since it makes healing less effective), etc.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall