Can you wear Aviator Sunglasses in PvE?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MetaData.2750

MetaData.2750

Q:

Hello guys,

Just a quick question here. I really like those Aviator Sunglasses from the Black trading company, however I want to make sure that I can wear them outside towns and preferable during battles. They look really nice and funny on my cute Azura character, but I don’t want to buy them with 150 gems until I’m sure that I can use them in the way I’d like to wear them.

Does anyone got any experience with them? Feel free to share your screens as well!

P.S. If you can’t wear them in battle, is it possible then to set it up as town armor and automatically switch it it outside a fight or switch back and forth with a hotkey?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aviator_Sunglasses

Edit:

Maybe it would be possible to make my mesmer mask look like them with a transmutation stone? I got a couple of free anyway after map completion.

(edited by MetaData.2750)

Posted by: Mark Love.6274

Mark Love.6274

A:

They’re part of your town clothes, so you cannot use them when you are in combat. As long as you’re not in combat, you can wear town clothes and thus your aviators. I’m not aware of any key binds that allow quick transition to town clothes and armor.

Posted by: Mercutio.7201

Mercutio.7201

I hope not. I was really disappointed to see obviously present day, 20th century Earth-type clothing in the store. The same goes for the baseball cap. Keep the items Tyrian, not American.

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

Agreed it would suck to see Sunglasses in middle of Tyria lol

It would enrage a lot of RPers

MetaData.2750

That’s unrelated to my question though. I like lore and such as well, but they look really cool on my big eyed asura. So let’s stick to the topic & question guys <3

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

We have, and said no we hope not, but I think you are looking for someone who already has them to answer right?

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

you cannot transmute them to armor either, i have tried

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Endo.5806

Endo.5806

They’re part of your town clothes, so you cannot use them when you are in combat. As long as you’re not in combat, you can wear town clothes and thus your aviators. I’m not aware of any key binds that allow quick transition to town clothes and armor.

Well that’s boring. Would have loved to use them anywhere at any time.

(edited by Endo.5806)

MetaData.2750

Well that’s boring. Would have loved to use them anywhere at any time.

Same, but I don’t have time to look at them in combat so that’s fine. I’ll try to keybind town clothes once I get home to see if there is a way to quickly switch. If that’s possible, then I’ll probably buy them

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

Agreed it would suck to see Sunglasses in middle of Tyria lol

It would enrage a lot of RPers

Then RPers should know tinted spectacles were always part of Tyria

MetaData.2750

Thanks for all the help guys!