Cancel casting

Cancel casting

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

Hello
I dont know if this is a right category, but i was searching about this here around and didnt find anything. So all i want to ask is how to “cancel casting”. Sometimes i just missclick and use another skill, with for example 3sec cast time. but I am in fight and I want to cancel it and use another, the right skill. I can cancel it with dodge, but i really dont want to spend endurance on this, and what if I already dont have enough endurance to dodge, how can i cancel it then? I also can type “/dance” but not in fight..
So any tips? or Anet just didnt added something like this to game.. ?
TY much for any help

Seafarer Never Rest

Cancel casting

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not sure as I never bother to cancel, but I think the Escape key works.

Cancel casting

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

the Esc key works to cancel a skill, but I use dodge to interrupt because I’m used to that way. For some of the channeled skills that have you rooted to the spot (hundred blades, ice bow 4), you can also use the movement keys to cancel casting.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Cancel casting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You gotta do it twice with Hundred Blades, it refuses to cancel the first dodge and doesn’t recognize movement at all. It’s the only one I have a problem with because you’re in melee range just to use it and if the target decides to stomp you, you just got stomped cause you can’t cancel the skill fast enough.

Cancel casting

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Bind “Draw/Stow Weapons” or whatever it’s called. It will put your weapons away and cancel any casting skill There isn’t any negative repercussions for doing so; keep in mind there’s about a 1-2 second delay before you can cancel another skill, but no delay to use one.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Cancel casting

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

My friend told me about the ESC but it didnt work for me, today i tried it again and yes it realy works, just the problem when i dont cast anything, the anoying Menu will pop-up. Actualy i had already bind stow/draw weapon closer to my WASD but really didnt know I can use it for this too. I dont know what I will use ESC or stow/drow but now i know how to do it.
Ty much
lock

Seafarer Never Rest

(edited by Alchymista.8192)

Cancel casting

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

You gotta do it twice with Hundred Blades, it refuses to cancel the first dodge and doesn’t recognize movement at all. It’s the only one I have a problem with because you’re in melee range just to use it and if the target decides to stomp you, you just got stomped cause you can’t cancel the skill fast enough.

Another trick to use, whirlwind into the mob if this happens and you will dodge it. in addition to cancelling the HB burst.

Arun Kar

Cancel casting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If the ESC key brings up the menu….press it again?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances