Cant decide to main my mesmer or guardian.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I really need to focus on one class, on one side I really enjoy the concept of my guardian but so far its kind of boring because most of guards abilities are meant for groups and I also feel the weapon choice is a bit limited compared to mesmer once you spec.

But with mesmer its really fun to solo but ive yet to try any grouping so I dont know if its just as fun in groups as a guardian or not.

Which do you prefer and why?

Just fyi my playstyle is versatile classes but im saving ele for last because ill probably get bored with the others.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

mesmer in group PvE is 100% support. lowest dps class
mesmer in PvP can alternatively go for a burst damage build

Anyway I prefer guardian. It still has a lot of defensive support, but it also has a lot more damage, and its skills just feel better and are more fun to use. I like mesmer’s supportive power, but I don’t like how it actually plays when giving out that support.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Mesmer does really well I think for group support and solo. I haven’t played one for groups as much, but I know the class well enough from solo play to know it’s pretty good. Mes does have a different playstyle from other classes in general, so I don’t think you will get bored with it.

Also have a guardian, and funny enough I mainly use it for solo content. The Monk’s Focus trait with the meditations makes it tanky enough to survive just about anywhere.