Carapace boots

Carapace boots

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ikaros.5730

Ikaros.5730

So it looks like I’m going to have to head to the silverwaste to grind out crests for my boots, only problem is that except for LS I haven’t done much out there. What do I need to do for crests and where is the vendor for the boots?

Carapace boots

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Firstly, to get the Boots to even show up at the vendor, you will need a Boots Requisition Order. You get this from completing the event to protect the Skritt Ambassador in the NE corner of the map.

Once that’s done, you can just do events in the Silverwastes. My advice is to focus on the Fort defense events, as these give the most amount of Crests (up to 25), and it seems to be linked to the level of the Forts (all of them). The more Forts are at level 3, the more rewards each defense event gives out.

Make sure to buy the Mordrem Extractors and take part in the Breach events. You’ll probably be doing this anyway to get body parts if you’re after the Luminiscent pieces; the body parts always sell for more Crests than what you spent to get it (wait until the collector is asking for the specific part you have).

Finally, take part in the Labyrinth phase after the Breach is complete. It’s usually not hard to get to Tier 3, and each completed phase gives more Crests. The coin you get from the loot in the Lesser Nightmare Chests should more than pay for any waypoint costs incurred from the deaths from the Wolves.