Chak Egg Sac - a question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: vatrixsta.2987

vatrixsta.2987

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster.

So tonight, I had the amulet that contained the chak egg sac super duper ultra rare drop attached to it. Everyone in map chat freaked out and, among other things, told me not to sell it on the TP because you could only sell it for 10k there and it’s worth a lot more.

The problem is, I don’t know how to go about selling it elsewhere? No one is going to trust that I have it via mail (and why would they? I wouldn’t send someone 15k!) and there isn’t another trading system.

I’m fine keeping the in game market stable with the TP percentage, it’s more the idea that the TP won’t let you list something for more than 10k gold and this is apparently worth at least double that where I have pause.

And before you ask, no, I don’t need to have sparkles follow me wherever I go, my feet already make flowers, I’m good.

Any advice or recommendations are most appreciated.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Honestly, I don’t think Anet will allow the advertisement of circumventing their trading post system, because that is the safe way to trade.

It’s all well and good people saying it’s worth more because of some offers on random forums to buy it, but while you may have the item, the other player offering to buy it might not have the gold

Once you pay both fees on the post, you get 8500g. That’s still 8500g you didn’t have.

Kitten.

vatrixsta.2987

I really don’t want to circumvent the trading system. I guess this is actually more of a plea to raise the limit on the TP, which I would prefer to use, because it’s safer. Or wondering if anyone has heard of plans to raise the TP limit, because I could just sit on this thing for awhile in that case.

I mean, it’s crazy that I have to wait until I’ve earned 250 more gold before I can pay the listing fee on the TP lol.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I can agree that maybe the TP limit should be raised to maybe 15k. But this is the only item (I think!) that is considered that valuable due to it’s insane obtainability. Raising it for one item is not really worth it.

The fees are the same % regardless of item value, if the tp cap was raised to 15k or even 20k the fee would also be more too (750g to list this item at 15k, 1500g transfer, 1000g at 20k, 2000g transfer) so maybe it is a good thing the cap is 10k.

Kitten.

vatrixsta.2987

Thanks for the thoughts! I guess I’ll just grind out the gold I need to afford the listing fee and call it a day!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

First: congratulations! That’s awesome luck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gw2exchange is a place a lot of players go to trade, when the TP isn’t ideal. For example, someone wants to trade their legendary for a permanent contract. The subreddit has been around long enough that there are a couple of trusted middlemen available. And, relevant to your case, 2-3 people who regularly buy (and less often, sell) chak egg sacs.

Of course, it’s not approved by ANet and if anything goes wrong, you’re limited to reporting the other person and have no chance to get your item or money back. Still, plenty of people have used it to successfully trade

If all you want to do is find a way to pay for the listing fee, there’s possibly some things you could sell without resorting to grinding the gold. There’s also a good chance that you know someone (or someones) who could front you enough coin to make the sale via the TP and you’ll be able to pay them back right away.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

pff those luckers always, i am disappointed every day playing with this trash rng. but gz

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

pff those luckers always, i am disappointed every day playing with this trash rng. but gz

You won something great the first day of the GW2 Efficiency Easter give away, with 5000:1 odds and you’re complaining about bad luck?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not only that, but an infusion at Wintersday.

I wish I had such bad luck. =(