Spectrals.4682

1. OK so I’m champ farming on a level 25 in queensdale
would say, a lvl 80 farming in queensdale get better champ bags? or the same?"

YOLO … Yea, right until you respawn

Champ farm bags loot question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

It doesn’t matter which character does the actual farming. The character opening the bags determines what you get out of them.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

There’re a few differences. Lower level characters can’t get higher quality bags (exotics mainly) and the quality of the bag determins the tier of materials you get from them. (Exotic contains T5 and T6 materials, T6 go for ~40s each)

It can read it on the wiki at Rarity I’ve seen this to be true by opening the championbags from dungeons on a 44-63 Character (Linen level-range) how important that is to you, only you can decide. Some lower level non-salvage materials are worth quite a penny aswell, so I’d just keep on using your low-level toon and gain the experience. But if money is your goal, Exotic bags are what you should aim for.

TL;DR:
- Armor/Weapon level (and thus materials) are determinded by the level of the opener.
- Non-salvage T6 materials (Ancient Bone, etc.) are determinded by quality and only a toon above level 55 can get exotic quality bags.

(edited by Esmee.1067)

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Don’t forget the bloodstone dust you only get at level 80 that is needed for ascended crafting.

At very high levels, it becomes the new limiting factor as to how fast you can make ascended equipment for your characters.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I’ve used a low lvl char (16-30) in WvW, and the ‘champ boxes’ there were always blue tier, while my level 80 always get exotic bags. So yeah, there can be some differences. Also (in my case) I’ve done Queensdale before with a lv60ish char, and i stacked the boxes and only opened them when i hit lv80, so that the gear that i would get could be of higher level.

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

the champ weapons can drop from any tier bag though, even the white ones. I received stardust from a white bag at the queensdale spider on a lvl 22 character.

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Don’t forget the bloodstone dust you only get at level 80 that is needed for ascended crafting.

At very high levels, it becomes the new limiting factor as to how fast you can make ascended equipment for your characters.

But it sure as hell won’t be limited by bloodstone…

One – Piken Square