Champion Risen Drake Broodmother

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’m popping a suggestion here to revert the risen broodmother in Malchor’s Leap back to veteran rank, because now that she’s champion nobody is even trying to kill it. I would often pass by and do it for some nice karma but now it makes no sense, nor it’s worth the effort because you need a lot of people and time for a random mob.

Please revert it back to veteran.

Edit: Could you move this to the suggestion section? My bad.

Attachments:

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

If it is not providing sufficient reward for taking it down, I would just pass it by. The only good it might be for is so folks can practice their skills on it.

Its too bad rewards for most champions I’ve ever been involved with taking down are so poor. Some vet rewards are a bit better than a lot of the champion rewards, but that is just my observation. I certainly do not run around trying all the champions in the game nor do I bother with vets unless they are all included in the dailies.

Sorta on par with the icky rewards for any of the BL Chests I have opened. I am really disappointed in the poor reward system in GW2 but, hey, its only a game.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

If it is not providing sufficient reward for taking it down, I would just pass it by. The only good it might be for is so folks can practice their skills on it.

Its too bad rewards for most champions I’ve ever been involved with taking down are so poor. Some vet rewards are a bit better than a lot of the champion rewards, but that is just my observation. I certainly do not run around trying all the champions in the game nor do I bother with vets unless they are all included in the dailies.

Sorta on par with the icky rewards for any of the BL Chests I have opened. I am really disappointed in the poor reward system in GW2 but, hey, its only a game.

Yeah I think that champions are pretty much useless outside big events. They have insane amount of HP, deal heavy damage, and they have as much chance to drop something good/bad as any regular mob. If it’s not linked with some big chain event with decent reward at the end good luck finding somebody who will join you in your time waste of killing a champion.

That’s why I was a bit dumbstruck when this mob got changed to champion. It’s a simple little event of smashing some eggs and you can solo it, so the broodmother at the end was a normal-type/veteran class you can also solo, bit slower but still. It doesn’t guard any chest, it’s not a part of some big event…

There are actually tons of such events for killing champion mobs. Nobody does them – it’s just not worth it, and it’s not really fun.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Same goes for the one in the event chain for quaggan tonics. It should go back to being a veteran.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Imagine my surprise – I saw the event coming up on the radar – no [GROUP] tag in front of it, started to decimate the population of drakes on my way to mama …
Then little angles popped up over my shoulders, giving me advise:

“Sir, I suggest tactical retreat, not too fast, we don’t want to appear running.”

“Never! Charr, do you want to live forever?”

I chose to retreat.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Volchonok.9317

Volchonok.9317

I’ve been playing the game for about a month now, and I recently discovered the existance of this quaggan tonic online. I’ve never once seen it in game, and sadly I now know why.

This champion requires a pretty big team to defeat, and since the reward is a silly vanity item (be it one that I want, regardless) there’s simply no motivation to group up and defeat it anymore. I’d have to agree with the others and state that putting it up to champion rank (as it was apparently a veteran before) was a bad move and should be fixed. This is a fun item and I shouldn’t have been playing for this many weeks and seen literally no sign of it.

I know this is an old topic but it’s one that’s only recently affected me.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well it does have slightly better loot now. Even though there are people farming champions there are still plenty that are completely untouched.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wait…it has CHAMPION in it’s name and doesn’t give a Champ Loot Box? I thought they had added that feature to all Champions several weeks ago.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Wait…it has CHAMPION in it’s name and doesn’t give a Champ Loot Box? I thought they had added that feature to all Champions several weeks ago.

It is definitely not all champions or even necessarily all legendaries. There are a bunch of them in the AC and CM story mode which are the same old lootless champion.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Me and 3 friends took it on last week. It took ages to get its HP down to 2/3… at which point it suddenly reset in the middle of combat. What a waste of time.
I liked it when it was a veteran mob as it was just one of those smaller events in Orr that you could solo if you had a few minutes to waste and happened to pass by.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Me and 3 friends took it on last week. It took ages to get its HP down to 2/3… at which point it suddenly reset in the middle of combat. What a waste of time.

Ugh. That’s more a function of water combat being so kitten than this particular Champ.

But, UGHHHH.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I liked it when it was a veteran mob as it was just one of those smaller events in Orr that you could solo if you had a few minutes to waste and happened to pass by.

Sounds like a definite bug and may be why everybody is avoiding this Champ. Did you report the incident to support (only way it will ever get fixed).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances