Champion Rotation

Champion Rotation

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hallwaxer.8247

Hallwaxer.8247

So, I have the champ kill for a monthly. I know there are several zerg groups that go around killing champs. I have a problem: I know of one in Queensland, but I don’t know the locations, and googling it has proved fruitless. Please help me.

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Just jump in, ask in mapchat what rotation the actual zerg is using.

Here is a list
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_champions

Personally I find Frostgorge a lot smoother and nicer.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

I sometimes jump in on the Queensdale train if I need some champs downed/group events completed for a daily/monthly. Here’s basically how it goes:

There are five champs in the zone that the rotation nearly always does: Boar, Oak, Troll, Bandit, and Spider. occasionally a Champ Wasp will show up near the Boar spawn point, so groups will do that one as well if it’s up. The order in which the champs are fought isn’t always the same, but if you leave up map chat, you will often see people mention which champ is up next, so you should be able to get an idea of where to go.

As to how to find the champs:
- if someone says “boar next” – go to Krytan Waypoint, head north past the Hunting Lodge.. You will see the zerg gather on a little hill.
- “oak next” – Phinney WP, then head down into the valley with the Veteran Oakhearts (again, just follow the other people if you’re not sure)
- “troll next” – Vale WP, head south into the cave with the grubs
- “bandit next” – this is usually just after troll. No WP needed, just follow the zerg up to the bandit cave
- “spider next” – Krytan WP again, follow the zerg north up the hill

If you do the boar right after the spider, just run to the spawn point past the Hunting Lodge. No WP needed.

Hope this helps! :-)

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

The usual rotation.

Boar – (hunting lodge) The ombermill wp or whatever it is called, then east.
Troll – Vale WP
Bandit (sometimes this is skipped). Follow the zerg east out of troll, then north to the Vista in the caves.
Oak – Phinney WP, then west.
Spider – Krytan WP ( I think) then NE to the back of hunting lodge

Repeat at boar, just run from spider to boar, as boar takes awhile to get started.

Keep in mind the spider is not an event. Therefore it does not scale, and dies very quickly.

Also, for boar, make sure you are helping kills boars that slow down the NPC along the way. Area swiftness will speed up the NPC

RIP in peace Robert

Champion Rotation

Rouven.7409

Champion Rotation

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

For the one in frostgorge sound at least, go to the waypoint on the northwest corner (Drakkar waypoint) and wait there, when the zerg shows up, they’ll kill the champion risen fish, then follow the zerg to kill the champions norn, kodan and underwater wurm, then go to earthshake waypoint (where you usually go when claw of jormag spawns) and run west for champion snow troll (there’s a tricky jump you’ll have to do, if you miss it and fall follow the road to the right but chances are you won’t make it to troll in time because there are several mobs that slow you down there, you might want to skip to next WP), then WP to Leopard’s Tail Valley (south) and head north to kill the champion drake broodmother and (if event is active) champion risen quaggan nearby, and then back to Drakkar waypoint, if the champion fish hasn’t spawned already, it’ll do it soon, repeat ad nauseam..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

* Waits for low level players in Queensdale to riot over posting this information *

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Champion Rotation

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I do frostgorge daily. After wurm is drake broodmother, then quaggon if it’s up, then troll. Back to fish, then kodan, norn and wurm. Do not go to troll after wurm. It’s an easy rotation once you get the hang of it. Note that only the quaggon is an event.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

* Waits for low level players in Queensdale to riot over posting this information *

There’re low level players in Queensdale? On a champ train? Pffftt, yea right.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Champion Rotation

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I do frostgorge daily. After wurm is drake broodmother, then quaggon if it’s up, then troll. Back to fish, then kodan, norn and wurm. Do not go to troll after wurm. It’s an easy rotation once you get the hang of it. Note that only the quaggon is an event.

Is there a reason for not doing troll after wurm or is more personal preference? I don’t do the champions train much (mostly when I have some time to kill in the game or when there’s a relevant daily, like daily champions or daily krytan events), but so far everytime I’ve done the frostgorge train (on Yak’s Bend) they’ve done troll after wurm, then drake broodmother, just curious if there’s a reason why it might be better the other way around.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Champion Rotation

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Is there a reason for not doing troll after wurm or is more personal preference? I don’t do the champions train much (mostly when I have some time to kill in the game or when there’s a relevant daily, like daily champions or daily krytan events), but so far everytime I’ve done the frostgorge train (on Yak’s Bend) they’ve done troll after wurm, then drake broodmother, just curious if there’s a reason why it might be better the other way around.

Different servers might have different routes. On Crystal Desert, we go Drakkar wp- fish, kodan, norn, wurm, then wp to the drake, do quaggan if It’s there, then wp to the troll. Your server may switch troll and brood because a lot of people skip the quaggan, resulting in the people who kill the quaggan mssing the troll. If the brood is last, then quaggan is also last, resulting in more people staying to kill it.

Champion Rotation

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Good point about different servers. I’m on isle of janthir. I think we do drake after wurm because it’s the closest WP.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Hit up Queensdale.
Go one or two champs ahead of the train.
Kill.
Report the kids as they start swearing in map chat (maybe call an ambulance for the aneurysms)
Profit.

Okay you don’t actually profit, but it gives you something to do while waiting for SB.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I can back up locoman as a fellow Yak’s Bender, it always goes …wurm > troll > broodmother (> quaggan) on our server.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Champion Rotation

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Hit up Queensdale.
Go one or two champs ahead of the train.
Kill.
Report the kids as they start swearing in map chat (maybe call an ambulance for the aneurysms)
Profit.

Okay you don’t actually profit, but it gives you something to do while waiting for SB.

Yelling in map chat “(insert champ here) is at 25%” works too. It’s hilarious to see high lvls freak out cause they don’t have the skill to go to a higher lvl area.

Champion Rotation

Rouven.7409

Many people are fairly relaxed, of course you don’t notice those. Most of the time you are standing around waiting for the spawn – hustle hustle – missed one because it got killed so fast – stand around again …

No need to freak out really.