Change race

Change race

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fkp.4138

Fkp.4138

is there any way to change my race or just skin using gem? example: i’m charr and i want to change to human.

Change race

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No. The only thing you can do is create a new character.

The Burninator

Change race

Fkp.4138

I saw an makeover kit sold by gem , what it does?

Change race

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I saw an makeover kit sold by gem , what it does?

There are 3 sets:
Hairstyle kit > changes the hair, and gives unique hairstyles and colors exclusive to the kit.
Makeover kit > changes whole body, has unique hairstyles, but also unique faces with unique eye-colors
Identity repair kit > changes body, gender, name, hair and face completely

Each subsequent kit is more expensive. The Identity kit also lets you change the name.

It’s impossible to change to race, the person story being the main argument for this.

Here’s a gallery of all the unique Faces and Hairstyles

(ps, the total make-over kit also allows the gender change, but it’s ill-advised if you don’t have one of those weird androgynous names that no one would even consider a name, like “Xx Kittylover A L F A” or something weird like that. You don’t want to be called Alexander and then change to female)

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Change race

Fkp.4138

Thx for your help!

Change race

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The make-over kit lets you change your character’s appearance – hair style, skin colour/pattern, charr horns, sylvari glow etc. but it won’t let you change your race.

As other people have said that’s not possible, and it’s unlikely it will be added in future. I seem to remember someone at Anet said they looked into it but so many things are tied to your race that it caused all kinds of weird bugs, including some game-breaking ones, and they don’t think they could stop all of them.

(ps, the total make-over kit also allows the gender change, but it’s ill-advised if you don’t have one of those weird androgynous names that no one would even consider a name, like “Xx Kittylover A L F A” or something weird like that. You don’t want to be called Alexander and then change to female)

I think it’s definitely worth thinking about the name of a character if you’re planning to change their gender (especially because the identity repair kit is cheaper than buying a separate total makeover kit and name change contract). But it’s not just characters with ‘weird’ names that don’t look like names who can get away with it.

For example my charr is called Wraith Darkblade and one of my sylvari is called Aurhedyn and I think both could work for a male or female character. The race would have to stay the same of course, but as discussed I can’t change that anyway.

In another game I’ve even gotten away with calling a male character Sagittam Ad Genu, even though Sagittam is technically a female word in Latin, because the vast majority of people don’t know/care.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”