Changing Stats on Specialization Weapon

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

Q:

What happens when you change the stats on the ascended weapon you get from the Elite Specialization Collection using the Mystic Forge?

If you put for example a Dark Harvest or a Reckless Abandon in there will it come out as one of the Antique Ascended Weapons?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A:

It changes into the skin of the ascended weapon combo you’re changing it to. So for berserkers, it’ll go to that red skin. You’ll then have to reapply the skin that you want.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Also, any sigil you put in the weapon will be lost.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Odd…I was chatting in guild chat with folks while I crafted my new ascended longbow and then again while I did my new sword. What they said was you can change the stats on the fly (out of combat) without using the Mystic Forge.

I’ve searched all over for more information since the person I was talking with logged off just as I was trying to get clarification.

Anyone have any info on this option?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Odd…I was chatting in guild chat with folks while I crafted my new ascended longbow and then again while I did my new sword. What they said was you can change the stats on the fly (out of combat) without using the Mystic Forge.

I’ve searched all over for more information since the person I was talking with logged off just as I was trying to get clarification.

Anyone have any info on this option?

You can change the stats anytime out of combat with a legendary weapon, not ascended (requires forge)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Ok, apparently folks thought I was discussing the legendary….I did mention my “pink” weapon that didn’t take long to craft…

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

It changes into the skin of the ascended weapon combo you’re changing it to. So for berserkers, it’ll go to that red skin. You’ll then have to reapply the skin that you want.

so we basically lose the new weapon skin and have to wardrobe them again huh?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

so we basically lose the new weapon skin and have to wardrobe them again huh?

Yes. When you change the stats in the MF, what you get with the desired stats is a completely new weapon. If you have a spec weapon that has soldier stats, changing it to berserker would get you the Zojja weapon for whatever type of weapon you’re trying to convert.