Changing the clothing shown on screen

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: the harper.2908

the harper.2908

Q:

I understand that it’s possible to toggle between armour and town clothes, but is there some other obvious way to change the clothing of a toon when not in a town? I have a Necromancr toon and would like to see the appearance change, but it always seems to look the same regardless of what armour is worn. Is it possible to have “town clothes” when not in a town without affecting armour class? Where can I buy different “town clothes”?

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Sadly no. You can’t display town clothes in combat. This is something I and many others asked for repeatedly during the betas, and yet was never implemented, nor did we ever receive any explanation as to why it is the way it is.

In any case, there are a few sets of town clothes available in the gem store. I don’t recommend wasting either gold or dollars obtaining them though.

Posted by: Sabo.1485

Sabo.1485

Town clothes primarily come from the gem store. You can wear them even when not in town by going to your hero page (default key H) and then clicking on the top hat and cane icon at the top of the page to toggle on your town clothes. This won’t affect your armor but the first time you get into combat while wearing your town clothes you will immediately shift into your combat armor. If that happens, you’ll have to toggle town clothes back on again after combat.

Finnegan Bhaird – Human Mesmer
Tarnished Coast