Chaos Gun, Ilya or Destroyer Pistols...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I’m wanting two awesome pistols on my Engineer as I’m sick of seeing everyone with AC equipment. The only good ones I’ve found having looked through every one in the game are:

Chaos Gun http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/fe/Chaos_Gun.jpg
Ilya http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Ilya_(weapon).jpg
Destroyer http://imgur.com/a/HEg0S

In terms of pricing…

Chaos Gun is around 40-50g and leads to a legendary.

Ilya is at a Buy Price of 50g or Buy Now for 124g and appears to have a very similar model to Chaos Gun.

Destroyer Pistols are around 20g and can be made.

My only concern is that Destroyer Pistols might not have a cool animation (Do they even have one? Does the lava move?) while I can’t tell what the difference is between the Chaos Gun or Ilya besides a massive price difference…

Thoughts?

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Destroyer weapons have a small animation, giving of an orange, fiery glow. Personally, I’d say these are the best suited to match Engineer’s armor art and skill animations, and are quite a lot easier to acquire to boot.

Ilya has the same skin as Lyss, which has a significantly better picture on the wiki. It’s basically a cheap, non-legendary precursor form of a Chaos Gun. They have a pretty basic Mystic Forge recipe, but are still significantly more expensive and harder to make than Destroyer.

Chaos Gun looks a lot like Ilya and Lyss, nearly to the point that I’d call them the same. You should probably only get this one over the others if you want Quip at any point. Otherwise, it’s not really worth it.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Lewis Burnell.2493

Thanks Nels

The thing is, I can buy a Chaos Gun for 50g on the Trading Post, an Ilya or Lyss will cost me double that just for one if no one fullfils my Buy order. And if they look almost identicle, it’s probably more sensible to go with Chaos Gun in the event I do ever want Quip. I suppose I could always make the Ilya or Lyss myself and use up my skill points but the price of Ectoplasm’s (total cost is 81g for the Ilya) means its cheaper to just buy the Chaos Gun (50g).

As for matching my Engineer’s aesthetic… it has crossed my mind (which is why I included Destroyer pistols) but as I’m using Vatlaaw’s dyed Abyss black, I think the purple might go rather well considering I only use Pistols+Elixirs.

Decisions

(edited by Lewis Burnell.2493)

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Lewis Burnell.2493

Haha, no I really have no interest in Quip it’s awful

I do however want good looking pistols. I could pair the Chaos Gun nicely with Wall of the Mist’s. Seem’s there is a glow to Destroyer pistols too… Can’t decide :S

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I love Quip for my Mesmer girl, personally. Confetti and bubbles for a performer is significantly better than rainbows, unicorns, butterflies, and pink/blue tassles on an outdoorsy type ranger, or stealthy thief.

On topic though, if you’re using a pistol/shield setup:

Destroyer Pistol + Destroyer Shield will match, and also be significantly easier to get than Chaos Gun + Wall of the Mists.

Also, the flaming effect and black/red/orange colour scheme matches SE and CoF dungeon armor sets rather nicely.

I’ve never actually seen Vaatlaw’s armor, (Nevermind, Vaatlaw’s is just the Duelist skin. Kind of sad…)

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

(edited by Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025)