Chaos Weapon Skins

Chaos Weapon Skins

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AZY.8352

AZY.8352

Hi All

Please can someone explain to me why chaos skins have suddenly dropped in price since the patch? And I mean they’re now less than 1/4 of their price yesterday morning.

It would make sense to me if there was a fresh, cheap, source of them but from what I can tell they’re actually harder to acquire now than pre-patch (since the black lion weapon people no longer sell them).

What’s going on??? I’ve got one I was going to sell, but if I’ll only get 90g for it, I’d rather keep it (they look cool after all).

Thanks in advance…

Chaos Weapon Skins

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

From the patch notes (right at the end.)

The rewards within the Black Lion Chest have been refreshed.
Instant Repair Canisters have been removed.
Boxes o’ Fun have been removed.
Mystery Tonics that aren’t endless have been removed.
Increased the amount of Revive Orbs awarded to 2.
Rare stand-alone miniatures have been removed and replaced with a new Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket containing new miniatures to choose from.
The current exclusive dye packs have been swapped out for Winter Chimes, the Toxic Dye Kit, the Metallurgic Dye Kit, Taimi’s Dye Kit, and the Mad King Dye Kit.
All common individual combat boosters have been combined into a single Enchanted Combat Boost that allows players to choose their combat boost.
Drop rates of Black Lion Claim Ticket Scraps have been slightly increased.
The Endless Repair Canister item has been added as a very rare reward.
Zodiac, Chaos, and Balthazar weapon skins have been added as very rare rewards.

Chaos Weapon Skins

Posted by: AZY.8352

AZY.8352

Thanks for your prompt reply!

So they’re a “very rare” reward from the black lion chests now – wouldn’t have thought that’d have such a major impact on their price – they’re still really hard to get!!

Chaos Weapon Skins

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So they’re a “very rare” reward from the black lion chests now – wouldn’t have thought that’d have such a major impact on their price – they’re still really hard to get!!

Things like Black Lion weapon skins tend to increase in price gradually over time as they become harder to get (or in some cases impossible to get), so many people who do get them will hold onto them waiting for a better price.

When an announcement like this comes along many of those people will sell right away, trying to get as close to the current price as possible in case the increased supply does cause the price to drop.

But of course all those people selling their stockpiled skins is also a sudden increase in supply, so it causes the price to drop anyway.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Chaos Weapon Skins

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You forget how quickly markets go off into a frenzy of panic selling whenever there’s a new source — everyone’s afraid of losing out more of their virtual gains than they already saw drop on the TP, so they undercut each other.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chaos Weapon Skins

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Chaos skins aren’t THAT old, so there’s probably plenty of people who have been hoarding them, and the new source spooked a lot of them into selling fast in hopes of getting as much gold as possible before it dropped even lower. And as others have said, that creates a sudden spike in supply which drives the prices down even more.

Its a shame Zodiac skins haven’t done the same. I want that darned Greatsword. My Necromancer has a celestial / sky theme that the Zodiac GS would fit perfectly. But since they’re a lot older, there’s less supply and the above effect doesn’t really apply.