Character

Character

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kmufc.7865

kmufc.7865

Just bought the expac and im looking at starting leveling with a Ranger, is this a decent choice or should i look at a Warrior, only looking for guidance as ive heard Warrior is easier to play.

Thanks in advance

Character

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Clkittene incomming in 3… 2… 1….. Ohhh ma gaaawd nerfff warrr naooowwww!!!111

Honestly, druid\ranger is fun, i would suggest you go with it. Either way: give zero, nada, none 0 absolutly niente Ducks what people suggest you should play.
Choose, play, decide.

Any thing else is worthless drama.

(edited by Silberfederling.9302)

Character

Posted by: Azakael.3019

Azakael.3019

I second the “Play what you want.” idea.

That said, you have multiple character slots, it’s worth rolling up a couple of different professions that sound interesting – if only to see what fits your play style best. (I also suggest at least three characters – one to see the Vigil storyline, one for the Priory, and one for the Order of Whispers.)

Character

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can always try any Profession out at max level with your free Insta-level 80 boost. If you like it, choose that; if you don’t like it, choose another.

Good luck.

Character

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As noted above, you start off with 5 character slots. You don’t have to make only one character, only one race or play around with only one profession at a time. You could always make 5 professions, with a different race for each and try them out to see which suits you best.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Character

Posted by: kmufc.7865

kmufc.7865

Thank you all for the suggestions

Character

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Well to be honest if you want to raid and etc be prepared to roll a druud healer because people expect that of rangers right now, so you may want to go warrior.

Character

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Do yourself a favor and dont pick a profession based on ease of use.

Character

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

There is it. Right here. In this thread: Sanity and sense.

Do play what you really enjoy. Would you work in a job that sucks and is depressing – but highly paid? Or earning a little less but enjoy it to the maximum? There are plenty of jobs and all of them come with a “vibe” when playing. You should go like “Yes, that is me”. If you enjoy tanking, go tank. If you like pets, make your choice accordingly!

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Character

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

There is no need to pick either or, pick both. This game favor alts, since most stuff involved is account bound, you do not have to grind for a new character, and gear is very easy to get and leveling is not a problem either.
So if you want to play warrior and ranger, just make them and pick and play flavor of the day