Characters/classes

Characters/classes

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ceezyr.6573

Ceezyr.6573

I am downloading the game as i type this, i am just wondering which class+race would be easiest to start off with at this game style looks very confusing, played wow before but quit a while ago, any feedback would be appreciated:))

Characters/classes

Posted by: Sabertooth.2374

Sabertooth.2374

its only really easy if you like a certain class or if you know how to play them and also by about level 10 you should know the basics

Characters/classes

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I am a complete moron and I found Thief to be nice and easy. You can even spec a skill which gives you 25% extra run speed in case you want to avoid enemies.

Great range of weapons + stealth + highest mobility in the game + ? = Win.

Characters/classes

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

Read through the profession descriptions and start with the one you identify with/find the most interesting.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/

Like Sabertooth said, you will have a good idea of a class around level 10 but I would say hold out till 20 when you have some trait points and your 3 utility slots unlocked. If the profession doesn’t fit what your looking for you can start up another with out feeling like your losing a great deal of time invested in the current one.

Characters/classes

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

If you don’t want to invest too much in a char before you decide. Try making chars of each profession (you have 5 char slots) and then go to the pvp realm and mess around with skills/builds/weapons to see what you like best. (PvP realm aka Heart of Mists bumps you to lvl80 and gives you access to all your trait points, all your skills, and you can buy weapons from the pvp vendor for free (pvp only weapons).

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Characters/classes

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

And there’s no race restrictions on professions. Pick the race that you think seems the most interesting. It won’t inhibit your selection of profession and it won’t have an impact on the gameplay. Although norn and charr do occassionaly have to deal with camera issues that the smaller races don’t, due to their height. That’s really the only mechanical difference between them.